Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Wanted: specific Tintin postcard

eq3d
#1 · Posted: 14 Dec 2004 03:51
...that I bought in the comics museum in Brussels, and have now lost. It wasn't by Herge, but I don't think it was unauthorized or else they probably wouldn't have had it in the museum gift shop. Anyway, as I recall, it showed Tintin in a black or dark gray overcoat, with a machine gun in one hand and a strange triangular briefcase in the other. He was sort of fleeing something or someone, didn't show what. Had a bloody bandage on one hand, I think, and Snowy figured into it somehow. Oh, and on the wall behind him there was a cryptic, colorful symbol, not the one from Cigars of the Pharaoh, I don't think. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had ever seen this item and could tell me who the artist is or where I could find the image. Thanks in advance.
Mikael Uhlin
#2 · Posted: 14 Dec 2004 06:04 · Edited by: Moderator
It must be the fantasy cover of "La Valise Triangulaire" (The triangular briefcase) by Enki Bilal.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 14 Dec 2004 09:18 · Edited by: jock123
See also this thread for a question about this image.

The museum shop still had it as a poster last time I was over.
eq3d
#4 · Posted: 18 Dec 2004 14:19
Yes! That's it! Thanks so much, guys, I was sure I'd never found the image. Off to go find out more about it and see if I can't order a postcard or poster. Thanks again!

This topic is closed.