Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Received any Tintin Christmas presents?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

OJG
#1 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 13:00
Hey everyone. I trust you all had a good Xmas?

Did anyone get any Tintin gifts? As has become usual with mine, about half of them were Tintin things. My friend got me a Tintin badge pin, with Tintin and Snowy in the familiar running pose. She also got me a ring binder featuring Tintin and Snowy coming face to face with the lion in Tintin in the Congo (on the back of it the image is of Snowy biting the lion's butt). Most interesting though was a parody book called 'The Adventures of Tintin: Breaking Free'. It's some sort of Anarchist book showing Tintin and Haddock as regular people fighting against the establishment etc. Does anyone know anything more about this book?

I also got a wall calendar which I'd wanted ever since I saw it in Ottakar's. (I think there are more than one version- I mean this one!)

What did other people get? I remember reading of some interesting stuff before that is really hard to find.
marsbar
#2 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 13:28
OJG wrote: 'The Adventures of Tintin: Breaking Free'. It's some sort of Anarchist book showing Tintin and Haddock as regular people fighting against the establishment etc. Does anyone know anything more about this book?

Any information/discussions on the book, "Breaking Free", please post to this thread: "Breaking Free".

Going back to the topic about Tintin gifts: although I did not receive Tintin presents last Christmas, I have received Tintin-themed gifts for Christmas before. Also, for some years now I have been receiving Tintin presents for my birthday.

To list some Tintin presents I have received so far:
tableware (1 x bowl, 1 x mug); wall calendar (Tintin in the Congo); model cars (blue jeep, and red racing car featured in the Cigars of the Pharaoh); moon rocket pin; DVDs; postcards; and other goodies.
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 16:58
Top of my Christmas list was Chronologie D' une Oeuvre vol 5 but the London Tintin shop had sold out 'til January. Just as well because I passed through Brussels (on my way to Germany for New Year) and bought it there for 84 euros brand new which was a lot cheaper. The book is really superb by the way, more on that later...

I also received 5 German language Tintin books, very useful for improving my German!

Tschüss!
GurraJG
#4 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 18:10
I got a T-shirt with Tintin and Fan Se-Yeng on it, when they talk on page 41-42. The front of the T-shirt features the frame on which you see Tintin, and the back you see it the other way around. I also got a miniature figuren of Tintin when he comes out of the vase on the cover of The Blue Lotus. I also got a mug where that looks like the crab cans from The Crab with the Golden Claws. I also got the new Swedish translation of Prisoners of the Sun. And finally I got three tickets to a lecture on Tintin.

-Gustav
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#5 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 18:29
I received the first two volumes of Chronologie D' une Oeuvre, a Lake of Sharks DVD (urg !), a Blue Lotus facsmilie and a large Blue Lotus jar statuette.
MoonRocket
#6 · Posted: 4 Jan 2005 21:33
For Christmas I received "Tintin in the Land of Soviets" and "Tintin in the Congo" (the black and white version). I spent the whole day reading them; I was hooked and laughing the whole time!
beinke
#7 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 09:17
My Uncle in london is supposedly sending me a Tintin T-shirt for christmas. Who knows what picture will be on it?
Karaboudjan
#8 · Posted: 5 Jan 2005 15:12
The whole of the series (the later one, where everyone's Canadian) on DVD.

Despite considerable liberties with storylines (the denouement of 'The Calculus Affair' comes readily to mind), it rocks!

And don't you think it's hilarious how they manage to squeeze Herge into each and every scene?
tintinmob
#9 · Posted: 15 Jan 2005 15:32
I recived a 75th Aniversiry Tintin Pencil Case & the Ravensburger Tintin Board Game
Hase
#10 · Posted: 17 Jan 2005 04:24
"I also received 5 German language Tintin books, very useful for improving my German!"

Awesome, half of my collection is in German. Half of my collection is in German and everytime I go there I buy more. Soon I'll have two of everything. Humor and jokes are the last thing you learn in a language so I found as I was learning, that I could re-read them every few months and understand and catch more. I feel that they are a great tool for learning a language.

Back on topic, I got the Tintin Swatch for christmas. I was going to buy it right when it came out but it slipped from my mind. I'm glad my wife remembered.

Prost!

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!