Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin and the Picaros: Published by Topeka Bindery?

harikool_1980
#1 · Posted: 16 Jun 2014 14:55
Hi,
I'm been planning to buy Tintin and the Picaros, and found an article which says it was published by Topeka Bindery.
I have been trying to search on the net about the publisher but can't find an actual Tintin book published by them.
Can anyone please tell me if they have a book published by them, with details?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 14 Jul 2014 10:52
The article would appear to be wrong; "Topeka Bindery" is also listed as an author of many books if you search for that term - books which they clearly didn't write!

What they are is exactly as their name suggests: they bind books, and specialize in library binding - hard wearing covers for use in school- and public-libraries. Some publishers offer alternative covers, although this may have been more common in the past (old Faber paperbacks I have from the sixties show the prices of other titles in a variety of bindings - paper, cloth, etc.), and I suppose for those that don't, or couldn't provide them themselves, or usually just make paper-backs, companies like Topeka Bindery exist to do the work for them.

So whoever filled in the details on that page - and likewise for the ones where Topeka is listed as an author - seems to have had a library book of Picaros, and mistaken the provider of the library cover as the publisher.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!