Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Identification Needed: Unusual Tintin Vinyl Toy

dom_a2345
#1 · Posted: 1 Jul 2014 20:01
Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has any idea where this has come from. I have included some pictures.
A search on his label returns some results similar but not the same as mine take note of the mouth.
Broken links removed
If any one could help I would be really grateful
Kind Regards
Dom

Moderator Note: Hi, Dom, and welcome! Unfortunately the links you posted didn't work - they led to the site you used's upload page, but not to images.
It is also better to use the "link" option (the little globe and chain icon), to make a link which can be clicked on to take people to the host site, than making the images appear here; not only does that seem to work more successfully, it is easier on members with slow connections, as they don't have to wait for the pictures to download.

The Tintinologist Team
dom_a2345
#2 · Posted: 3 Jul 2014 13:05
Tintin doll picture 1

Tintin doll picture 2

Hopefully these urls will work.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 3 Jul 2014 21:52
Ah, right - that's more like it!

The shot of the manufacturer's details actually says it all, really - Gund made Tintin dolls like this at the end of the eighties or start of the nineties, and they were/ are very nice things. They also did a range of plush Snowys.

I've seen both the smiling face, and the more "Oh!" surprised version, which what I think that you are drawing attention to, and I'm not sure that there is any preference or rarity to be ascribed (they both usually go for tens of pounds, and seem to be available in number). There is also at least one clothing variation, in that there is a version which has the yellow shirt, no jumper, and (I think) the black socks, which Tintin favoured in some of the early books.

They were around for a few years, and even made it into shops in the U.K., so I think that they may not be scarce; however, as the clothes were removable and they were made to be be played with, getting one fully clothed and in good condition is nice!

Update: Doing a bit of rummaging on the 'net makes me think that, perhaps, the surprised expression is the more common, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to price when sold - condition rather than expression is everything!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!