Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Collecting hardcover Tintin books

nibbleswicke
#1 · Posted: 12 Jul 2014 13:44
Hello,

I found this site quite by accident and have immensely enjoyed it so far. I have been thinking about collecting Tintin in hardcover and was wondering if anybody could tell me whether these are likely to get more expensive over time. I ask because I am curious to know whether it would be cheaper to start collecting now or in the future when I could afford to buy the entire set.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Edit: I should probably add that I'm hoping to collect the newer, more widely available hardbacks and not any that are rare or difficult to obtain in the States.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 13 Jul 2014 11:40
It's impossible to say without knowing your circumstances, as value and "cheapness" are relative terms.

It could be that to buy a hardback book now would take a huge portion of your income, which you may not be able to afford; however, in ten year's time, even if the books cost three or four times as much as they do now by then, your situation might have changed, and you may be far better off and able to spend just a fraction of what you have on them, so they'd seem "cheaper"...

The paperbacks are a good way to start if finances are a concern, or the 3-in-one compact volumes.

I'd say buy what you can afford, don't spend more than you have, and enjoy the books from the library if you don't have the money to buy them.

You don't actually have to own any of the books to be a fan!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!