Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Information Wanted: Wooden "Coke on Stock" box

Contriva
#1 · Posted: 13 Sep 2014 19:25
I bought, from a flea-market in Hamburg, a very nice wooden box showing the cover of "Coke en Stock" (The Red Sea Sharks).
The seller could not tell me anything about the box (age, purpose etc). Does anybody know here anything about it?

Thank you for your help!

Link removed

Moderator Note: Hello, and welcome to our forums! Sadly the one thing we can say for certain is that the box is a fan-made or bootleg item - it certainly isn't an authorized item, as there are just too many errors in the quality of reproduction for it to be anything else. Therefore, as per our forum rules, we have had to remove your link.
Many counterfeit and unauthorized items are produced around the world, but our experience seems to show that there is a steady stream of wooden merchandize like this coming from Africa, especially from the Congo (where of course one of the Tintin books is set). It is entirely possible that this is the source of your box, and that it will have been meant as a souvenir or trinket, without a specific purpose beyond that.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
Contriva
#2 · Posted: 13 Sep 2014 22:20
Thanks for your answer. Even if it's an unauthorized item I still love it as it's very charming (at least for me :-)).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!