Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Identification/ Valuation Needed: Mock-up of Tintin book cover

snowyd29
#1 · Posted: 30 Sep 2014 11:30
I have inherited an A2 size (on card) mock-up of the cover for Tintin and his Friends Travel the World in Search of Adventure.
I've been unable to find any mention of the title on line, and would be grateful if anyone can help with identifying it?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 30 Sep 2014 13:19
Hmmm... A bit of a poser, I'm afraid, with no immediate answer.

There's not, as far as I am aware, any book of that title - it's rather unwieldy, don't you think? It would be quite a mouthful to remember, and get right, if you had to ask for it in a shop!

So you will need to give us some more details to get a firm answer, if one is available.

Firstly, what makes you think it's for a book, rather than a poster advertising the series, or some other sort of publicity? Does it have the name of a publisher, or any sort of dating on it? Did the person from whom you have inherited it work in the book trade, or advertising, for example?

Are you convinced that it is a professional piece, made by a designer, publisher or an agency, and not just a piece of artwork dreamed up by someone to decorate a child's room, or a school library - which might explain the wordy "title"?

What is the quality of the art - does it use actual Hergé drawings, or does it look to be that someone has copied them - in fact, does it show the characters at all?

So a bit more information would be useful, including a description, if possible.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!