Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Model Cars: Atlas edition

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

rastapopoulos
#1 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 10:46
What does everyone think of the Atlas range of Tintin cars?
During the January sales I popped into Ottakar's Bookstore and picked up 'Haddock's Convertable' for £15, which was £3 off the asking price. On first glace I thought they looked a bit tacky and plastic, but on further inspection I found a nicely detailed die-cast metal car with plasic figurines.
Ottakar's only stocked 8 of the designs. I looked on The Tintin Shop (Covent Garden) website and they only had 6!
The Tintin Shop website stocks the lot though. There are some wonderful new design come out including the Thom(p)sons' red jeep, a VW van, the taxi from 'Tibet', the Ford V8 convertable including Slydavian soldiers and the armoured car out of 'Blue Lotus'.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 14 Jan 2005 11:31
I got given one as a birthday present a couple of years ago, and I think it’s very nice... I’d probably get a few more if I had the space, but I’m trying to cut down on accumulating clutter...

...however that sale sounds tempting!!

It’s funny how the style seems to me like a synthesis between the style of the books and the Leblon figurines - the same sort of satin/ plastic look that you describe.
jviney
#3 · Posted: 15 Feb 2005 17:14
I've just started collecting these - Ottakar's in Edinburgh have 9 of the designs and The Tintin Shop in London had a further 6 (since reduced to 4).

I e-mailed London and they said it depends on what is released to them by the Belgian rights owners as to whether they get any more, although as you say, Brussels has the whole set of 38.

Some designs look a bit plastic but I agree that the quality is superb!
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 15 Feb 2005 21:58
£15 x 38!!!! I won't be adding those to my collection any time soon

Rik
jviney
#5 · Posted: 16 Feb 2005 09:20
I agree it will take a long time to build the collection - I've discovered the postage is 18 euros for one car if you order from Belgium but only 21 euros if you order, say, 20 or so but then who can afford to shell out all that money in one go?

In addition there is no £15 offer in Belgium so you are paying around £18 full price for each car.

Does anyone know if there are any more cars in design stage or is 38 now the full collection?
rastapopoulos
#6 · Posted: 16 Feb 2005 10:07
I dont think the price is a suprise. Does anyone know of any Tintin mechandise that you wouldnt have to take a second mortgage out for?
Replicant
#7 · Posted: 19 Feb 2005 13:10
Don't be sad, but have a look to:
www.planetadeagostini.es or to
www.envoituretintin.com
this prices you can't believe
i life in spain and i got every month a famous gift by post
only for 14,95 euro
and you're able to get it also in every newspaper shop
so visit spain
jviney
#8 · Posted: 21 Feb 2005 11:43
Many thanks for your help - I think it would be cheaper to fly to Spain and buy the cars there! It seems they are nearly half the price!
Muchas Gracias!
--
UPDATE: Tintin Shop in London has a further five cars on its website.

[Post edited by Moderator: merged two posts.]
Mark A
#9 · Posted: 12 May 2005 20:59
Does anyone know exactly how many cars they are going to release?

I've been collecting since they started so have them all, but original press release said there would be over 30, to me that was going to be 35ish, max of 39, but I have just ordered number 41 so am wondering how much longer it will go on?
jviney
#10 · Posted: 27 Sep 2005 11:51
We now seem to be on car 46 now and I would guess there might be planes and trains to come - expensive but still fun to collect!

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!