Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Model Cars: Atlas edition

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

gareth72
#11 · Posted: 15 Feb 2006 00:20
They've hit 50 cars intotal Im half way through.

Mind yo I saw a brown ambulance on ebay this week which looks like an old retired peice.
gareth72
#12 · Posted: 21 Feb 2006 22:49
Does anyone know if this is an old model or a new one?

Link : AMBULANCE EBAY

The Tintin store doesnt show it for purchase.

Hope somebody can help?

Gareth
Richard
UK Correspondent
#13 · Posted: 22 Feb 2006 08:22
That's the newest model - the one before that was the black and white Mercedes Torpedo from The Land of the Soviets (a very original piece!).
gareth72
#14 · Posted: 22 Feb 2006 14:06
I just received the black and white Mercedes Torpedo, still no info from the TinTin store about the ambulance.

Also why are people selling it for such a huge amount on ebay?

Gareth
gareth72
#15 · Posted: 22 Feb 2006 20:37
Update email from the tintin shop, it is a new model and will be available shortly at tintin.com
Richard
UK Correspondent
#16 · Posted: 22 Feb 2006 21:01
gareth72
Also why are people selling it for such a huge amount on ebay?

I think people are just trying to profit off having received them before they're for sale at the Tintin Shop. The first copies sold on eBay tend to go for a considerably higher amount than the retail price.

I was collecting the series but had to stop after #21 (Simca taxi) due to financial limitations. I fancy picking up a few that have caught my eye, though - the Mercedes Torpedo, as mentioned, and the helicopter and Chrysler from The Calculus Affair; saw them when I was at the Tintin Shop a few weeks ago and was rather impressed.

Edit: the newest model is the journalist's Alfa Romeo from The Castafiore Emerald.
gareth72
#17 · Posted: 22 Feb 2006 21:37
and the helicopter and Chrysler from The Calculus Affair; saw them when I was at the Tintin Shop a few weeks ago and was rather impressed.

Edit: Just got them through the post today from Brussels along with the Blue ford from destination moon. They are very good models expecially the chrysler with calculus tied up under the rear seats.
Zomer
#18 · Posted: 28 Feb 2006 15:22
Hi all together,
I just found out that the total number of cars planned for the Atlas series seems to be 60! For more info please look at: http://www.aquitaine33.com/atlas/index.htm
Is this source trustful? I don't know, at least it is the first info that makes this crazy hidden publishing of each car a bit more transparent.
Cheers from Germany,
Oliver
pbhawkin
#19 · Posted: 22 Jul 2006 13:44
Hi all,
I am wondering if there are other manufactures of diecast cars other than Atlas of Tintin vehicles?
Also, can I subscribe to them through planet DeAgostini http://www.planetadeagostini.es/ even though I live in Australia?
Regards
Peter
tintin_nz
#20 · Posted: 1 Aug 2006 01:13
Can someone give me links to buy Atlas cars online if I live in New Zealand.

Also.... what are the rare and hard to find cars in this collection... Also are all the cars still in production or are they discontinued as the next one is released?

I think these have the potential to be one of the most valueable collectable tintin collections ever. look at how much orignal matchbox cars go for as an entire collection. The tintin cars cost alot more than an equivalent kids toy..... When this whole tintin thing blows up and balloons over the next couple of years.... Mark my words that people are going to be scambling for these cars....

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!