Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Model Cars: Atlas edition

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

comixfanboy
#31 · Posted: 25 Apr 2009 23:13
Hi Jollywagg,
I own around 9 cars. They are very beautiful. Clean diecast castings. Very good detail. Some of them are stunning. I wish they were more affordable. I cannot speak for the price you are being offered but if I had 900 Euros to afford for this, I would not think twice...Just my point of view.
Tubeboy
#32 · Posted: 27 Apr 2009 18:36
I am seriously tempted to get all the cars, I could afford it, but my savings would take a dent. I think I might purchase 10 a month, so over 7-8 months, I would have the collection. I notice Moulinsart have now released five new models. Does anyone know how many cars [in total] are featured in the books as a whole? It might give us a heads up, as to how many more are coming out. Clearly the cars are providing their makers money, they wouldn't have produced so many if they were loss making.
vesten12
#33 · Posted: 3 May 2009 12:51
Tubeboy
Hi,
I have for the moment 13 cars of the Atlas- collection in my possession and think of selling them to make room. If you send me an e-mail on vesten12[at]hotmail[dot]com, I can send you the pictures of my cars and a price that will surely be cheaper than store price..
Let me know
Steven Vanzurpele
Belgium
comixfanboy
#34 · Posted: 5 May 2009 03:52
The Moulinsart Models you talk about (6 of them now) are produced by Moulinsart themselves. Before Atlas used to do it. If I understand correctly the contract with Moulinsart ended and Moulinsart started making the new car series.

No one really know how much they will make... It must be pretty profitable.
tintininaustralia
#35 · Posted: 13 Jun 2009 08:48
The Editions Atlas Tintin cars are finally available in Australia ! Go to http://www.pinkbear.com.au to check out the first release of some of the earlier and best cars ! Cheers
tobeprecise
#36 · Posted: 20 Oct 2009 15:49
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I just discovered these very cool 1:43 diecast cars made by atlas. I was wondering if any of you knew how to remove the baseplate without totally wrecking it or risking damage to the car?

I feel foolish as I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this, but as of yet I am flummoxed...

Thanks so much!
glendale
#37 · Posted: 21 Oct 2009 04:04
You will need to remove the plastic lug under the plate then access the screw.
tobeprecise
#38 · Posted: 21 Oct 2009 14:14
Thanks, glendale.

It requires a bit of force, but it works well. I think the issue is that I purchase a few used ones in which the base plate had been super-glued back on... Nice. :-/

BTW, does anyone have any of the new diecasts that moulinsart recently came out with? They come in an orange box and are more of a "scene" with a much longer base plate. I think there are six of them.

I'm just curious what the quality and feel is like compared to the old atlas models.
comixfanboy
#39 · Posted: 22 Oct 2009 04:16
They are equally good. I would not say better. I like the Atlas cars more. Moulinsart makes these cars in the same scale (1:43) but the dioramas are bigger/more detailed and hence costs significant more (39,50 euros compared to 22,90 euros for the Atlas cars). Of course if you are a collector then it makes sense to have all of them. If not, pick only those that you like/want. They are not significantly better. IMHO the Atlas ones had a more collectors feel to it....
bluechrome
#40 · Posted: 13 Feb 2011 06:15
I just received these nice Tintin diecast made by Atlas for the 1st time and I tried to removed the small plastic at the bottom that covers the screw with a screwdriver but I felt like it might break the base. Can anyone guide me on how I can remove the small plastic?

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!