Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation Wanted: Resin Tintin and Snowy on horse figure

Morgan
#1 · Posted: 24 Aug 2016 00:05
Hi I was just wondering if a Tintin collector could tell me how much my item is worth?
It's a resin figure of Tintin and Snowy on a horse.
I've Googled and found two of them; I know it's pretty rare, but don't know an exact price.
I saw two prices: one was up for 600 dollars and the other was up for around 900 GBP.
I would also be willing to sell; if a collector is interested, just reply to this and I'll be willing to send photos.
dedemax
#2 · Posted: 15 Sep 2016 12:34
Some pictures would be interesting, of course...
best regards
Morgan
#3 · Posted: 15 Sep 2016 16:03
dedemax
I don't know how to post pictures on here, but I will find out, so keep a lookout for my post.
Would you be interested in buying the item?
jock123
#4 · Posted: 15 Sep 2016 21:09
Right - before this goes any further, the way that we handle the possible sale of items is to have any and all negotiations off-site. This is because we at Tintinologist don't have any method for dispute resolution or sorting out any complications arising from any transaction.

So, Morgan, you need to supply an email address to which you would like any enquiries sent - if you write it out as text (e.g. firstname <dot> surname <at> mailsupplier <dot> com) it will prevent it being picked up by spam robots.

All enquiries should be sent to Morgan directly. The only further posts in this thread should be from either the Mods, or Morgan, to say if the sale is over. Picture requests should be sent directly to the seller.

As ever, the buyer and the seller should proceed with caution, treat each other fairly, and make sure that each is happy with the situation before conducting the exchange.
dedemax
#5 · Posted: 15 Sep 2016 21:49
I can't say if I'm interested, it was just to try and answer his question "how much is it worth", I just wanted to help if I can...
(sorry if it is hard to understand, my language is French)
jock123
#6 · Posted: 15 Sep 2016 23:18
dedemax:
to try and answer his question "how much is it worth"

Good point, well made! Sorry for any unintended confusion, dedemax! It has nothing to do with your English, which is fine - I just hadn't thought about that aspect of the thread!

The question of identifying the statuette and offering a valuation is obviously important, and thank you for pointing that out and offering to help.

So, everyone: please, continue to add comments to this thread, and offer input, if you can identify the item, and suggest a value; please make all enquiries about buying the item direct to Morgan!
Morgan:
I don't know how to post pictures on here

Morgan, the easiest way to provide images is to upload them to an image site, such as Flikr, or to your Facebook page, and then link from here to there.
Morgan
#7 · Posted: 16 Sep 2016 00:43
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it, I will try and link one tomorrow (it's late here now).
Even if it is just a valuation I thank you anything helps, and it's a start.
I will definitely link a picture soon though :)

Thank you!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!