Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

For sale: revolving Moon Rocket bookstand

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

SingingGandalf
#11 · Posted: 1 May 2006 19:55
I saw one on the Antiques roadshow, a sunday tea-time BBC television show, owned by some small children. There father had bought it in an auction. I can't remember how much it went for, it was a long time ago now. How do these things get into the hands of the public? They are usually seen in bookshops, particularly Ottokars (who's founder was a huge fan, hence the name).
jockosjungle
#12 · Posted: 1 May 2006 22:34
These large rocket stands come and go, they have been relaunched recently but in the 80's were a staple in most bookshops. It's quite bulky and I imagine many shops just threw them away when they didn't have the space anymore

Rik
SingingGandalf
#13 · Posted: 2 May 2006 07:31
They now do an Asterix equivalent, it's vaguely shaped like a Roman tent or something too. The Tintin one's far better.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!