Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

"Tintin's 90th Birthday" Commemorative Coins

snowybella
#1 · Posted: 12 Feb 2019 09:42
Tintin.com have a post on the new Tintin's 90th Birthday 5-Euro coin, made by the Belgian Royal Mint. Avalible in both colour (by "colour", they don't mean something like those pretty Beatrix Potter ones!) and in plain silver, with a box in Dutch and English, but, curiously, with no French. Currently, it isn't avalible at the Tintin Boutique, and I don't think it's at the Covent Garden Tintin Shop either.

Has anybody got them yet? I wonder if a set of stamps will follow suit?
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 10 Apr 2019 05:37
The coins are now avalible on the Tintin Boutique. Priced at 12.50 Euros for a plain one and 17.50 for one in colour, they are both strictly limited-edition.

Has anybody bought one, yet?
jock123
#3 · Posted: 10 Apr 2019 19:23
snowybella:
Has anybody bought one, yet?

I've got a couple from past anniversaries somewhere packed away, but to be honest, I am so disappointed that they are choosing to celebrate the 90th anniversary with things to do with Congo, that I think I will probably let these ones go.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!