Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Where to find Tintin sticker sheets?

lucygloom753
#1 · Posted: 16 Jun 2019 23:50
I have purchased several Tintin books over the months (all English hardback) from The Tintin Shop in Covent Garden.
With one of the books I received a small sheet of Tintin au pays de l'or noir stickers, which was a fun and unexpected surprise.

I haven't received any more sticker sheets since then, so I was wondering where I would be able to find more, and if they were only from the shop and sent randomly. Also, I don't own and haven't read Land of Black Gold.

The stickers on the sheet are:
The book cover
Thomson and Thompson with long blue hair and beards
Tintin, Snowy, a man, and Thomson and Thompson in a car
Tintin talking to a surprised man in a white coat
snowybella
#2 · Posted: 17 Jun 2019 01:51
I have the very same sheet, too - I was going to post about them, a while back, but you beat me to it! :)

I've only ever recieved this sticker sheet from the Tintin Shop; I don't think they're given (let alone sold) anywhere else, or if they use any other books for their theme.

(Spoilers ahead: in case you're wondering, the man in the car is Dr. Müller, and the surprised man is a doctor.)
lucygloom753
#3 · Posted: 17 Jun 2019 05:06
Thanks for your quick reply. :)
That's too bad it's the only sheet known about so far. I noticed the year on them is 2012 (I bought the books this year), and in French on the bottom right of the sheet it says "Offert par les Éditions Moulinsart et les Éditions Atlas", so I'm wondering if maybe they're kind of special sticker sheets?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!