Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Land of Black Gold: Methuen edition cover

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 15 Feb 2005 12:44
I just spotted one on ebay which is also a 1975 paperback with the “Tintin” missing. Obviously some bright spark in the design department decided to take out the Tintin that year without realising it said “the adventures of” just above. I expect the editor had a fit when he noticed - you just can't rely on these designers...

Chris (a designer)
jock123
#12 · Posted: 15 Feb 2005 13:23
I wondered if - given that it was in the pre-electronic days - that it wasn’t an error assembling a plate?

The text “Tintin” would have to be moveable, given that the name changes from country to country, so the sky is in place and there is no knock-out in the blue; perhaps the “Tintin” just got left out, or more likely, fell off a paste up in the bag.
Harrock n roll
#13 · Posted: 15 Feb 2005 13:32 · Edited by: Harrock n roll
Well it looks to me - if you compare it to the ‘regular’ edition - as if the entire title has been enlarged to fit the area. There is no gap where the ‘Tintin’ would normally be and it wouldn't fit in the space available.
Rocky
#14 · Posted: 15 Feb 2005 14:13
Perhaps the designer had in his/her mind that that the arch lettering was 'The Adventures of Tintin' - because that's what the French version has (in French).

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!