Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Wanted: Tintin neckties

Charles
#1 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 19:11
I have no idea if there ever have been such things, but I would certainly like to know about any that might exist or have existed.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 26 Apr 2005 19:50
There have been a great many Tintin neckties produced. For each 'range' that the Tintin Shop, in cooperation with Moulinsart produced, there were a selection of ties. They used to be brightly coloured designs, with lots of small images of the characters ; recently they have produced more formal designs such as the endpapers of the black and white books, a large headshot of Tintin in two-tone, and Tintin's signature repeated across the tie.

Before Moulinsart started producing ties, the company 'Studios Aventure' (I think) made them, including a rather superb reproduction of the cover of The Blue Lotus in full colour.

Regarding availability, eBay is a good place to check - eBay.fr often has some, if you search for "Tintin cravate".

Tintin.com's official shop has some of the recent designs for sale, priced at 45 EUR each.

Hope that's of some help !
Charles
#3 · Posted: 27 Apr 2005 19:53
Thanks Richard, I don't know why I didn't think of such obvious sources to begin with!
Frontis
#4 · Posted: 13 Dec 2011 15:43
I realize the original post is dated but wanted to provide something to all:

This is another source I stumbled on - and the site is in English and Dutch. [Expired link removed.]

They have Tintin neckties and belts, and you can pay via PayPal.
I just sent my first order for seven ties that look very nice on the screen - we'll see how they look on!

Search under "Tintin neckties" and then use the back-button.
For some reason, the initial search does not display all available but if you look at the details of an item and then click "back" it shows the full range of neckties - about 47 different ones and the belts are in kids and adult sizes.

This topic is closed.