Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Restoring an old Tintin album

ganndalf
#1 · Posted: 26 Jul 2005 09:00
Hello, dear friends.
I have one of the wonderful books with the adventures of Tin-Tin. It’s about the secret of the Unicorn. My grandmother had bye it in Ethiopia in 1978-1979, when she lived there. This book was one of my favorites when I was a child. And now the book is in very poor condition – many pages are missing, the covers too.
Because of my great interest in old ships, I found a French ship-modeling magazine with an article about creation of model of the frigate Unicorn, based on the comics pictures and ship-builders experience of a few good people. So I decide to do something for the book.
Can anybody help me to find my lost pages? If is necessary, post expenditure or scanning or copying of the missing pages or etc. are not a problem.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 28 Jul 2005 17:07
I’m afraid that we can‘t allow you to ask people for copies or scans of the pages you are missing, ganndalf - that’s not legal, and would lead to trouble for the site.

However, if you are not worried by the cost of copying and postage etc., why not save up and perhaps buy a paper-back copy of the book? You could use this as your “reading” copy, and keep your granny’s copy as “good”, or mend your old book with the new.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!