Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Jo, Zette & Jocko: The Secret Ray

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

23duff
#21 · Posted: 20 Sep 2005 20:22
there seem to be a lot of copies of "The Secret Ray" about lately. I have two copies (one in mint unread condition, which i am thinking of selling).

it is a good one.
heruursmith
#22 · Posted: 28 Sep 2005 23:10 · Edited by: heruursmith
I have the French versions of the double story, but have just had the English double volume sent from the Tintin shop (online). I am rather looking forward to it arriving, as although I do read a bit of French it is still more relaxing to read in English for me.
The Tintin Shop are selling the English versions for 15 UK Pounds at the moment which is pretty good for an out of print Herge book!

Kamael
jockosjungle
#23 · Posted: 30 Aug 2008 07:49
Just so you know and thanks to the guy who e-mailed me the information

Jo, Zette and Jocko - The Secret Ray is available at the Tintin Shop at the moment

http://www.thetintinshop.uk.com/acatalog/Miscellaneous_Books.html

R
Binky
#24 · Posted: 3 Dec 2009 06:13
For some strange reason, The Secret Ray is available in the States right now through Amazon.

There's no graphic accompanying the listing, but it really is the 1994 English edition. At least, the one I just received from them is. For years I've been doing occasional searches here and there for this elusive little creature, and was certain this would turn out to either be a permanent-backorder, or a French edition, or heaven-knows-what. But, well, here it is in front of me.

Anyway, I can't be the only one hunting this particular game. Hope this is helpful to someone.
Harrock n roll
#25 · Posted: 3 Dec 2009 13:17
Binky:
it really is the 1994 English edition. At least, the one I just received from them is.

That's interesting, I see from the Amazon link that the publisher is given as Moulinsart. I'm pretty sure the publisher was Sundancer in the original 1994 edition, not Moulinsart, so is this a reprint? Or maybe old stock...?
Binky
#26 · Posted: 3 Dec 2009 21:56
It is in fact the 1994 Sundancer edition.

'Manitoba' cover on one side, 'Karamako' cover on the other, pink and white checkerboard liner on the inside and a couple pages of notes and pictures before the story starts.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!