Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

What kind of music do you like?

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

GSC
#31 · Posted: 15 Jan 2012 22:17
I like Aquarium, a Russian band (my dad introdust me to it. He's Russian). I also like the Beatles.
Raegan
#32 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 00:50
I, for some reason, get called a hipster a lot for listening to some of the music I like.
The Decemberists, Tarkio, Minus the Bear, Margot and the Nuclear So & So's, Basshunter, DeadMau5, The Ink Spots, Marty Robbins, 2AM, and I also like listening to various songs sung by Vocaloids( they're pretty much Japanese music programs), and movie soundtracks.
rose_of_pollux
#33 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 01:35
For my music tastes, I go by names rather than genres. My favorite band is Rockapella, and I will listen to just about anything by them. Their members have changed throughout the years, but my favorite members are the four who were in the band from 1991-1997 (whose solo work I also follow): Scott Leonard, Sean Altman, Elliott Kerman, and Barry Carl.

Other musicians I like include Genesis/Phil Collins, Robert Clary, the Monkees, Michael Crawford, and Steve Barton (the late stage actor, not the rocker).

I also am fond of John Williams' work, so you can imagine how excited I was to hear he was composing the Tintin movie score!
tintinophile691
#34 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 03:15
I prefer video game music, but I'm rather ignorant of the actual musicians' names. Favourite soundtracks of mine would include: ActRaiser, Lufia II, EarthBound, Final Fantasy VI, Terranigma.
Raegan
#35 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 05:31
Tintinophile691,

You like video game music? Have you ever listened to anything by the Falcom JDK band? They do the music for Falcom's games like Ys, Sorcerian, The Legend of heroes series and many more. I highly recommend them, especially to people who like game music! :)
AngelofLight
#36 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 05:54
I love everything, but especially Beatles.

GSC:
I also like the Beatles.

I salute you :)
Tintins Quiff
#37 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 18:15
Beatles all the way! I also like The Birthday Massacre, Bjork, Kylie, Rose Royce, Brand New Heavies, Switchblade Symphony, Black Veil Brides, Kerli, Alizee... A lot of different genres really. Oh, and I love Tschaicovsky. Hope I spelt that last one right!
jock123
#38 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 19:57
rose_of_pollux:
the Monkees

Ah - the mark of quality…! ;-) Saw the Threekees at the Royal Albert Hall on their U.K. tour last year, which was truly fantastic, with lots of unusual choices (All of Your Toys and I Don’t Think You Know Me at All, for example) and all the songs from the Head album played live!
Aileea
#39 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 20:25
I mostly like metal (Power metal, symphonic metal). And classical.
rose_of_pollux
#40 · Posted: 16 Jan 2012 20:43
jock123:
Ah - the mark of quality…! ;-)

Thanks, Jock! I'm actually very new to the Monkee fandom, but I am quite smitten. I'm working my way through the DVDs, and amusing myself with the songs (I particularly like how "Gonna Buy Me a Dog" is less about the song itself and more about Davy and Micky trying to crack each other up in the recording booth!).

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!