Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin Tattoos

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Jyrki21
#11 · Posted: 9 Jun 2004 15:13
P.S. are there any Tintin fans in the Vancouver, B.C. area and would they be willing to meet??

I am actually from Vancouver, but live in Toronto now.
fatwasp
#12 · Posted: 26 Jul 2005 10:23
I have the kih-oskh (sp?) symbol tattooed on my right arm. on the inside of my elbow (not really sure what its called) I'm also getting the symbol of Ottakar done at the top of my arm some time this week. I'll post pictures if i ever get round to it.
Tom
Danagasta
#13 · Posted: 27 Jul 2005 18:51
I recently had the idea to integrate Tintin-based designs into mehandi (henna patterns for those of you not familiar with the word.) You can change things much more often that way, as you choose, and the mehandi is really good for the skin. I usually do the palm patterns, so maybe that's a good spot to start?

Courtney
I_love_Snowy
#14 · Posted: 1 Sep 2005 10:12
Get the Emerald! or, if still undecided about a tatoo which suits 'the Calculus Affair' how about an umbrella? Hahaha, love ronni
tantan
#15 · Posted: 23 Oct 2005 11:39
I googled for Tintin's tattoos and found this one:
Link removed
It's a recursive tattoo, showing Tintin in turn tattooing Captain Haddock. But it's no ligne claire. Tintin never had such muscular lower body clad with tight pants.

I guess that's what jockosjungle meant by the average tattoo artist not being a Tintin's fan and the ligne claire style. The muscular shape and the shadows are American comic hero style.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#16 · Posted: 23 Oct 2005 12:47
tantan
I guess that's what jockosjungle meant by the average tattoo artist not being a Tintin's fan and the ligne claire style. The muscular shape and the shadows are American comic hero style.

It's based on a painting by Norman Rockwell called The Tattoo. On a related note, I think an artist created a portfolio of images fusing Tintin with Rockwell, and he had no small amount of talent. There's a superb triple self portrait based on this painting.
tantan
#17 · Posted: 24 Oct 2005 05:03
Thanks of the info, Richard. Rockwell's art is impressive, but I don't think its style fits well with Tintin. Actually I don't think that Tintin looks good in any style other than ligne claire.
SeaofBushnell
#18 · Posted: 10 Apr 2007 07:48
Hey all,
Check out my Capt. Haddock tat..... It is from Flight 714.
I was pretty siked when I got it. It was a tough decision. I went through every comic to find the right one.

Link removed

Anyone have any other Tintin & Co. tats?

Moderator Note: Please note for legal reasons we cannot allow links to fan art (including tattoos!).
Also, please use the site search function before posting to see if there are already open discussions on a subject, to keep things neat and tidy.
Many thanks!
The Happy Tintinologist Team
tuhatkauno
#19 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 11:59
Moved from another thread

Hello

What kind of Tintin tattoo would you take if you must?

Every now and then this tattoo-thought occurs to me and maybe one day will take one. But what kind of? The Thompson twins would be a good choise or the Syldavian coat of arms on page 62 in Sceptre. What do you suggest? I am semi-serious with this tattoo-fussing.

tuhis
mondrian
#20 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 12:32
I've also toyed with the idea. For a long time I thought best thing would be something not-so-obvious, a picture that only Tintin fans will recognize. Moon rocket would be nice, but as white colour is still a bit difficult for tattooists I'm afraid that's out of the question. Syldavian coat of arms fits the bill if you want to have connection with hardcore Tintin-fans only, I'm struggling to remember what it looks like but would probably notice it if you walked towards me.

Personally I'd choose Archibald, I actually have a few pictures chosen but we'll see if it ever happens. Thompsons would be good as well, actually there are dozens of good choices. Depends on the size & place though, any ideas on that?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!