Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin Tattoos

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

cigee
#21 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 14:21
I have the silhouette of Tintin from Alph-Art - the last drawing from the Hergé sketches, not the Rodier version. Only real hard-core fans recognise it as Tintin when they first see it, but then, when I say it's Tintin, even the casual fans recognise it.

A lot of people who don't know Tintin that well, and don't recognise the tattoo for what it is, still think it looks cool - and when I tell them how it's the last drawing of the last uncomplete story, they like it even more.
tuhatkauno
#22 · Posted: 22 Mar 2008 14:25 · Edited by: tuhatkauno
mondrian wrote:
For a long time I thought best thing would be something not-so-obvious, a picture that only Tintin fans will recognize

I agree with you modrian, not-so-obvious picture is a good idea. The mere black pelican motif could be a good choise. On the other hand the whole coat of arms is very cool. As you've noticed I'm very fascinated by Syldavia.

I am a coward in a real life thus the tattoo should be rather modest. And the place must be conventional. As a teacher I can't go to work if I have Loch Lomond bottle tattooed in my forehead, but a pelican on my shoulder would do well.

EDIT Cigee, your Tintin silhouette sounds very elegant :)
Juggernautism
#23 · Posted: 6 May 2008 20:14 · Edited by: Moderator
I just got my done today, I will continue with the work tattooing Professor Kalkyl and Captain Haddock under Tintin, like a totempole.
Link removed
Moderator Note: Sorry, we can't have links to fan art - not even tattoos! Sorry!
The Tintinologist Team
waveofplague
#24 · Posted: 7 May 2008 06:46
tuhatkauno wrote:

I am a coward in a real life thus the tattoo should be rather modest. And the place must be conventional. As a teacher I can't go to work if I have Loch Lomond bottle tattooed in my forehead, but a pelican on my shoulder would do well.

What do you mean, tuhatguano? Surely they'd respect you even more for displaying your affinity for the finer things in life. ;)
mondrian
#25 · Posted: 7 May 2008 09:10
Indeed Tuhatkauno. My thumb rule would be that it should be invisible when you're wearing a t-shirt. But then again I'd go for a rather large-ish size, it must be recognizable from 10 meters away. Small and very detailed works look nice from close range, but from a distance they look like random black stains.
tuhatkauno
#26 · Posted: 7 May 2008 16:56
waveofplague wrote:
Surely they'd respect you even more for displaying your affinity for the finer things in life. ;)

You can count on that, Wavenqvist. My affinity is Tintinoworld and Loch Lomond is a part of it. But pupils would hardly see that connection, they would see just a bottle of whisky. "Wow, our teacher has a bottle of booze tattooed on his skin" (btw Loch Lomond lable could be one canditate for a tattoo as well)

I haven't desided yet what to tattoo, but I am a lucky one, because I am not covered with hair, so there is plenty of open surface on me.
benjaminv
#27 · Posted: 8 Aug 2008 19:47
Mine is a work in progress, but nearly done!
Link removed
Moderator Note: Just a reminder, as above - the site policy is no links to fan art, not even tattoos.
Many thanks,
The Happy Tintinologist Team
Tuca
#28 · Posted: 3 Aug 2009 20:42
Hey everybody.

I'm getting a Captain Haddock tattoo very soon, and was wondering if anyone knows a good picture?

By this i mean a straight forward Haddock stance, with the full body visible and him standing still with his cap on. I found one in the Mysterious Star, but a full body basic posture is abit difficult to find. Album names or link to a picture on the internet would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
number1fan
#29 · Posted: 9 Mar 2010 22:01
Moved from another thread:

Any here have or know of someone with a Tintin tattoo or another element of the comic book series.

Moderator Note: Just a reminder to use the search function before starting a new thread to see if the topic has been covered before.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
acvb
#30 · Posted: 20 Dec 2013 00:04 · Edited by: Moderator
I have the Kih-Oshk symbol tattooed on my left inner wrist. If you wish I can e-mail a picture

Moderator Note: Thanks for the kind offer, but we don't accept fan art - not even tattoos! Sorry!
The Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!