Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Your favourite sports team?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 12:12
In a bid to find out more about other members, please name your favourite sports team. I'll start...

Nottingham Forest

1st Division English Football team, haven't won anything in a long time but I'll support them until the day I die

Rik
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 12:35
Arsenal - so I don't have too much to complain about!

I've been a fan (or 'gooner' as we are known) since the age of 4 (peer pressure - I wanted to support Liverpool because I liked the colour red, but had to settle for red and white!) and I used to go to matches in the mid-70's when I was about 9 or 10. Last saw a match 5 or so years ago against Real Madrid.

Arsenal topped the league last season and also broke the record for an entire season unbeaten! Up the Gunners!
jock123
#3 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 13:59
I generally can’t be bothered with sports, so I am equally antithetical to all teams!!

The only good things about being mired in the middle of the wall-to-wall football, tennis, motor-racing, and what-have-you coverage which is all over the TV schedules at the moment, disrupting the schedules, is 1) at least it’s not an Olympics year, and 2) I have been getting time to catch up on DVDs and trips to the cinema!
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 14:23
Not an Olympics year? Check this!
jock123
#5 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 14:47
And they said things couldn’t get any worse… I’m sure they’ll hold a surprise World Cup now too...
Harrock n roll
#6 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 14:50
... I hope so. 2 years is a long time in football....
Jyrki21
#7 · Posted: 28 Jun 2004 16:04
The Vancouver Canucks, without a doubt!
icky_thoomp
#8 · Posted: 29 Jun 2004 02:18
Hello All,

I am an Ipswich Town supporter, since those heady days when Paul Mariner was leading the team. Tractor Boy for ever! I also support whoever is playing Man U and Arsenal. I like to see them both lose!!! :D

Here is Australia, I follow the NSW Waratahs in the Super 12s. Perennial heart-breakers those Waratahs....

Cheers
Icky Thoomp
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#9 · Posted: 29 Jun 2004 04:59
Well, I really only support any sports team during the World Cup. And then I pick a team that I like. Last time, I supported the Senegal team, coz I just loved the way they beat France on their first ever game.

Usually, I'll support any team that's playing against England, France, or Brazil. :)

Paul
massive
#10 · Posted: 15 Jul 2004 16:33
Vancouver Canucks for the north american side and Aston Villa for the English side.

christopher R:

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!