Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin.com - no access for weeks?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 19 Jun 2007 13:30
cigars of the beeper
I have not tried an alternate browser, because I am told that programs such as Internet Explorer are not entirely secure, and FireFox is.
I’m afraid I wouldn’t believe the hype if I were you - nothing is 100% secure, and there are always going to be features in sites which work in one browser and not in another.
Does anyone else use FireFox, and can you access Tintin.com?
I can get into tintin.com using IE. Firefox, Opera and Safari, and all without problem.
labrador road 26
#12 · Posted: 19 Jun 2007 14:05
Cigars could you please try and see if this works.
Click here

If it does, then your browser isn't at fault but something else blocking the website, perhaps a firewall or something.

A member at a swedish forum couldn't access it (the forum) from his work but going via Google's image-search and just using the bottom part now makes it accessible.
cigars of the beeper
#13 · Posted: 19 Jun 2007 21:47
labrador road 26

The link you sent worked, but I have never had trouble accessing the language/country select. Only the english tintin site. I have tried by experiment the japanese and french web sites, and they do work. I am going to try reinstalling my browser to see if that works. My brother uses the same version of Firefox as I do, and he has had no trouble at all accessing it. i think that at this point, the only possibility is that my copy of firefox is corrupt, and cannot read it.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!