Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Pinched, poked, prodded

waveofplague
#1 · Posted: 19 May 2007 00:13
Add me to the ranks files of crooks and criminals and countless others who've been physically injured by Tintin.

I had all my hardcover Tintin books strewn about on my bed, and I rolled over onto them and nearly impaled myself on the edges and points. Plus I got pinched in them, too. As Snowy might say, "WOOOOOOOOOAAAH!"

However, the layer of books does make for a nicer, firmer surface if your bed is annoyingly soft in spots (which mine is).
tintinspartan
#2 · Posted: 19 May 2007 06:35
Oh! A soft bed with Tintin hardcovers underneath the blanket? Strange, yet funny. Well, Sometimes, i keep all my Tintin books under my bed. If I want to read them in Bed, i just put my hand down and reach for the nearest Tintin book, under my bed. Well, strange, isn't it.
tuhatkauno
#3 · Posted: 19 May 2007 10:36
waveofplague

Let me quess plagulainen,

You came home from work, turned on your pc, ate something when watching the Forum, started thinking of toydreamer's Q, spread the albums on your bed, didn't solve the Q, fell asleep, slept restlessly rolling on your Tintin albums, woke up, noticed what you have done (a serious crime), felt quilty, wanted to confess. Am I right or am I right? You are not a crook, you did it by accident. 10 push ups will do. I rest my case. ;)
waveofplague
#4 · Posted: 19 May 2007 16:13
noticed what you have done (a serious crime),

Ha :P Turskalainen, if I have committed such a serious crime, surely you must be typing from Finnish prison. After all, your Tintin books look like they have been to hell and back, so you must have taken them with you during your tours in the Great Finnish Wars Against Estonia. I feel terrible that you are in prison and I promise to bring you escape-equipment baked into a cake. :)
tintinspartan
#5 · Posted: 20 May 2007 15:35
???tuhatkuano in prison????

True or fake?!
tuhatkauno
#6 · Posted: 20 May 2007 19:41
tintinspartan

???tuhatkuano in prison????

No, i'm not behind bars. A crazy monkey must have bitten plague's bottom or she has eaten too much chicken cause she is not thinking clearly. I recommend a long fish diet to you Wave, fish is good for brain told my teacher in junior high. A pike, a bream and a zander will do. :)
waveofplague
#7 · Posted: 20 May 2007 22:18
OK, so I lied about tuhano being in prison. It's true what they say, I'm a crafty American. But I didn't lie about tuhano's participation in the Finno-Estonian Wars of this past century. He skied and fought in the name of Finland and brought all his Tintin books with him to the Great Battles (Battle of Oulu, Battle of Tallinn, Battle of Lappland). That explains their rough condition. ;)

Anyhow, do you really believe the crazed words of someone whose daily diet consists of THIS ? And no, I don't mean the human. :)
tuhatkauno
#8 · Posted: 21 May 2007 04:39
waveofplague

Now you didn't lie any more, the stories about Finno-Estonian Battles are true. First we trink a huge amount of magic potion then we attac Tallinn with ferries and the battle is ready to start. Lots of noice, lost wallets, lost passports, lost memories, wrestling with the local police and all kind of constructive cultural interaction. I'm a veteran and I don't have to participate in on-going Battle of Tallin any more. Thank God.

Even more dangerous battle is going on in Lappland. Lapps are furious fighters and they are constantly under influence of magic potion even in times of peace, they want to be ready all the time.

The Tintin books have given me consolation during the hard years of battles. Oh boy, I like this members lounge "discuss anything within reason". :-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!