Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / The Members Lounge /

What would Captain Haddock have done?

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 1 Jul 2007 18:21
Hi everyone, yesterday I was riding my bicycle along the road when a couple of jerks zipped past me and shouted "BOO!" to scare me. I was furious. I shouted "Idiots!" after them at the top of my lungs. After I had calmed down, I thought of what captain Haddock would have done. I can just imagine him shouting after them: "Bandicoots! Filibusters! Iconoclasts! Bashi-Bazouks! Troglodytes! Gangsters! Coelocanths! Marauding Madmen! Blistering barnacles! just wait till I catch you, you pirates!" what do you think? what else can you think that captain Haddock would have shouted after a couple of jerks (or done to them, could he have caught them.)
amierah loves beatles
#2 · Posted: 2 Jul 2007 05:42
Sometimes, my brother used some of Captain Haddock's 'beautiful' language to taunt bullies at school. For once, I heard him say Blistering Baboons to a bully and he got it from the bully. Captain Haddock exclaimations at shock were used somemore. A friend of him told me about his most famous exclaimation of them all, Blistering Balls!, when he was stunned by a school, who used a UFO spacecraft-shaped soccerbot to win a competition. He got a laugh from all the members from his team! Ha!
Balthazar
#3 · Posted: 2 Jul 2007 10:09
amierah loves beatles
A friend of him told me about his most famous exclaimation of them all, Blistering Balls!

I don't remember Captain Haddock ever using that particular phrase. Maybe there's a long-lost Tintin book called Tintin and the Hazards of Nude Sunbathing which Hergé withdrew from circulation, but it seems unlikely.
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 2 Jul 2007 10:59
Balthazar
Tintin and the Hazards of Nude Sunbathing

Grate snakes!
pokemon
#5 · Posted: 2 Jul 2007 14:48
haddock would have sent them to the hospital

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!