Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin spirit animals

doubleT
#1 · Posted: 21 Nov 2007 03:42
First let my start by saying how sorry I am for not logging on for so long, I lost my original password.

But on to bussines, what does anyone think that Tintin's and the other characters' spirit animal(spiritual symbolic animal) might be?

And before anyone asks, this is for a story I'm working on, which according to the rules I can't tell you anything about.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 21 Nov 2007 04:28
Tintin's Catholic, so he wouldn't have a spirit animal.
It's best not to delve into the realm of spirits, can be very dangerous.
zaveri_tintin
#3 · Posted: 21 Nov 2007 12:27
What is this spirit animals anyway? Zodiac symbols?
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 21 Nov 2007 13:57
I don't even know what a spirit animal is.
doubleT
#5 · Posted: 21 Nov 2007 19:56
What I mean is, you know how in Native American and other animistic cultures, certain quilites and personality traits are assoceated with different animals, like the tricksters raven,hare,and the coyote and bears and wolves are great hunters and spiritaul theacters, and how those amimals would become an person's symbol, that's what I ment, I guss a better word to use would have been totam animal.

And before anyone makes a fuss over Tintin's religon, this is all for a story I'm doing involing Native American spiritalism and mythology.
zaveri_tintin
#6 · Posted: 24 Nov 2007 08:02
Tintin- blood hound
Captain haddock- bear
Cuthbert Calculus- owl

If that helps
Shaggy Milou
#7 · Posted: 25 Nov 2007 21:18
Wouldn't Haddock's spirit animal be... um... a haddock? XD

Oh, and:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totem

Wiki is your friend. :) Interesting stuff.
cigars of the beeper
#8 · Posted: 26 Nov 2007 19:04
Shaggy Milou

Darn right it is! That is the greatest and most useful encyclopedia ever!
zaveri_tintin
#9 · Posted: 29 Nov 2007 14:28
Shaggy Milou

cigars of the beeper
Darn right it is! That is the greatest and most useful encyclopedia ever!

And that is not all. Wikipedia provides good information on pokemon and gives good details on each pokemon creature. Now you are free to bash me up just the way fulliautomatix does for cacophonix.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!