Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Dustin the Turkey and his Eurovision journey

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Dupondt
#1 · Posted: 26 Feb 2008 14:58
Has anyone seen this years Eurovision entry for Ireland? It's a very popular sock puppet called Dustin! It's great to see an entry that might help us win the Eurovision again, as everybody knows it is now basically a novelty event. I grew up with Dustin as he's a very big children's television presenter here in Ireland, and I hope you'll all vote for him in Serbia! Youtube Dustin for some of his music. It's hilarious.
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 26 Feb 2008 23:10
Hey, Dupondt, pardon me for not knowing what something you're talking about is again, but what's Eurovision? is he (Ha ha) a European television network or something?
Dupondt
#3 · Posted: 27 Feb 2008 18:35
It's a competition between all European countries where each sends a singer or singers. They're usually all awful, the only good thing to ever come out of it was ABBA, haha!
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 27 Feb 2008 21:15
No wonder I never heard of it, if it's a European singing competition. In this country we have a show sort of like that called American Idol. :-[ absolutely terrible!
Dupondt
#5 · Posted: 27 Feb 2008 22:09
Ah it's not like American idol, which I agree is diabolical, it's an annual thing, crazy.
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 28 Feb 2008 20:43
You've got American Idol in Europe? I wish my countrymen would keep their stupid shows to themselves.
Etterbeek
#7 · Posted: 29 Feb 2008 17:56
What American things DON'T we have in Europe?? (*sigh*)
Grey
#8 · Posted: 29 Feb 2008 20:30
Oh I heard of Dustin the Turkey, very very weird. I don't know who I'm voting for in the Eurovision, I never properly watch it anyway.
They're all rubbish!
Dupondt
#9 · Posted: 1 Mar 2008 13:29
Ah go on, vote for Dustin! Sure the English always give Ireland 12 points, and we give you nothing, haha, just the way it is i guess.
tuhatkauno
#10 · Posted: 1 Mar 2008 14:09
I took a look at You Tube and Dustin the Turkey. Nothing suprises me when Eurovision song competition is in question. Not even Dustin. Remember last year and those astro-transvestites from Ukraine. These Dustins and astro-transvestites have won their own national competition but think about the loosers, who weren't as good as they are. As a Finn I know these things, Finland used to be the lousiest Eurovision country and our songs were absolutely embarrassing. We made (and still make) jokes about them, but among those songs that didn't qualify Eurovision there are even more personal and unforgettable performances. So from my perspective and background Dustin has a certain style and wish him good luck. I'm not a great fan of Eurovision song competition, but you cannot avoid them either.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!