Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

The Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien

Page  Page 4 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12  13  Next » 

Triskeliae
#31 · Posted: 1 Apr 2008 00:39
cigars of the beeper wrote:
Anyway, I guess that they are rated PG-13 because of all of that Orc-blood getting spilled and Orc-heads getting chopped off?

Exactly!

Sapristi wrote:
I had a long weekend away in London; and spent way too much money at The Tintin Shop!

So, RUB IT IN!!... Just kiddin' ;p I'm happy for you!
Sapristi
#32 · Posted: 1 Apr 2008 21:24
Thanks!

Its a yearly pilgrimage ;)
cigars of the beeper
#33 · Posted: 1 Apr 2008 21:30
Triskeliae wrote:
Anyway, I guess that they are rated PG-13 because of all of that Orc-blood getting spilled and Orc-heads getting chopped off?

Exactly!

I suppose I would like them anyway, though.

I wish that there were a Tintin shop in the US.
Triskeliae
#34 · Posted: 2 Apr 2008 23:57
Believe me: you'll like them!

I wish that there were a Tintin shop in the US.

-Crying- Me tooo!! Boo-hoo-hooo...
cigars of the beeper
#35 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 00:49
I'm going to a Barnes and Noble store tomorrow. I think I might buy one of the movies. I saw that there was one kind with a DVD that had both the extended edition and the theatrical edition. I want to get that one.

I guess your being in Puerto Rico actually does make you a US resident, doesn't it Triskeliae, even though you don't have statehood and don't want it. At least, that seems to be the majority over there.
Triskeliae
#36 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 01:37
Not everyone... There are a lot of Puerto Ricans who want statehood. But that's a decision that only the President and the US Congress can take, not us.

Yes, we are American citizens, but we can't vote for Presidency.

About the films, that would be good if you get to compare the theatrical cut and the director's cut.
cigars of the beeper
#37 · Posted: 3 Apr 2008 23:33
Well, I went to the B&N store, and was shocked to discover that the edition that the movies I wanted were $28.99 each. I can get them for half that much on Amazon. So you know what I did? I bought a biography of J.R.R. Tolkien instead. Anyway, I have also decided to watch at least one of them before making a purchase. Do you own them? Are they worth owning?
Triskeliae
#38 · Posted: 4 Apr 2008 16:20
The extended versions are worth owning.
cigars of the beeper
#39 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 00:09
It seems like I have been gone for a long time even though it has only been a few days.
Last night I watched The Fellowship of the Ring (theatrical version), and it was great. I was a bit disappointed with the opening sequence which told of the Rings of Power, because the narrator was obviously quoting the poem from the beginning of each book (which I have memorized ;)), and it wasn't the poem. Why couldn't they have just used the poem? The greatest abscence I saw was that of Tom Bombadil. He is silly, but they didn't need to leave him out. I was also disappointed that almost all of the poems were left out. The only one which was left in there was how when Bilbo was leaving he was singing "The Road Goes Ever On And On" (which I also have memorized) but you don't hear the whole thing. I thought that their account of Isildur was pretty good too. I am hoping to watch The Two Towers this week too.
Tintinrulz
#40 · Posted: 6 Apr 2008 01:47
They left Bombadil out because he was silly, like you said.

Yes, the extended versions are much better but the pacing suffers a little in the FotR and RotK because of it. Surprisingly, The Two Towers flows much better.

Page  Page 4 of 13:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12  13  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!