Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Arthur C. Clarke dies at 90

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 19 Mar 2008 17:37
I'm afraid it's true. The great science fiction author died last night at the age of 90. He was best known as being the author of 2001: A Space Odyssey, and he wrote more than 100 books besides. It seems like a lot of great famous people are dying this year. First Sir Edmund Hillary, and now him. However, ninety years is a lot longer than many people live.
Read about it here.
Triskeliae
#2 · Posted: 19 Mar 2008 19:25
Ninety years! Now that's a piece of science- fiction- made- true for this times we live in.

But no matter how long they live, when authors, actors and artists die one can feel the pang of loss. May Arthur C. Clark rest in Peace. At least, we can have the comfort of knowing that he is immortalized through his creations.
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 20 Mar 2008 18:29
Triskeliae
no matter how long they live, when authors, actors and artists die one can feel the pang of loss.

I'm sure this happened big time when Herge died. He was not even eighty years old.
Triskeliae
#4 · Posted: 20 Mar 2008 22:16
I read about Hergé's death in the books I have and it still makes me cry.

When he died, I was 9 1/2 years old. Back then, I didn't know about him nor Tintin. And now that I know...it feels like he died yesterday. Still, I'm glad that his beloved character has reached so far, that Hergé still lives on through him.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!