Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

What's it like to be in an official Tintin store?

youtin
#1 · Posted: 19 Apr 2008 18:41
<I'm not sure if this is the right section to post, so moderators, please move this topic as you please.>

I've never been to a real Tintin store, so I'd like to ask those of you who've been to one. How is it like? What kind of merchandise is sold? How much do they cost? How does it feel like to enter the store?

I want to go to one badly, and I missed my chance when I was in Japan. I lived there for a year and I was always at Shibuya where the Tintin store is located but I never saw it! Actually I didn't know it existed until much later :sigh: I'll definitely go there next time, but in the meantime, please help me relieve the itch to know by telling me your experiences ;)
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 21 Apr 2008 17:01
Its realy good to be surrounded by Tintin Merchandise.I go to the one in Covent Garden the thin is you get 2 customers in there it is packed.But i have to stay away from them i aint got much money and if i go in there im likey to spend the last £20 on a Tintin book lol.
tintinagalog
#3 · Posted: 23 Apr 2008 03:17
I'm in Tintin's wonderful world once I get in his store!

But first, I should be a millionaire to buy them all (lol!).

To Herge-Moulinsart, would you allow me to sell your merchandise here in the Philippines at the onset of Spielberg's Tintin movie?
youtin
#4 · Posted: 26 Apr 2008 14:48
@number1fan - wow, the store seems TINY. But it must be heaven!

@tintinagalog - Go for it! I'll be your number 1 customer!!! :D
Triskeliae
#5 · Posted: 1 May 2008 02:16
I suppose that it must feel like when Disney Store was in Puerto Rico (but better). I'm a fan of Mickey and of Duck Tales, and I admired Walt Disney himself. So, finding items about them (especially books and music) in such an environment felt so great!

I hope I get the chance to visit a Tintin Store in the future!
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 1 May 2008 16:30
Yeah, what I'd like would be a Tintin-and-Lord-of-the-Rings-Store!
But, if I had the chance I would love to just go to a Tintin store. I'd say something like:
"Time to spend too much money!"
;-)
Triskeliae
#7 · Posted: 2 May 2008 02:38
I've already done it with the Tintin Store online! I must stop or I'll go broke!
Yet, the experience of visiting a place with so many Tintin stuff (or LOTR stuff) must be golden!
IvanIvanovitch
#8 · Posted: 18 Jun 2008 05:22
Oh great. Now I'm curious too.
I wonder if anyone could be more descriptive. What does the doorway look like, or the wallpaint? Are there more than just books? Is the cashier a Tintinologist?
Triskeliae
#9 · Posted: 18 Jun 2008 15:58
Through Yahoo, I found a pic of the store entrance. I'll try to get the site where is from.

A minute later: Got It!

Search in Yahoo: Tintin store pics

Not only you'll see how the store looks from the outside, but also, there are pics of the inside.
LeHaHi
#10 · Posted: 14 Jul 2008 03:00
I travled to london last summer, and I planned a trip to the tintin store. Naturally, it was closed when I arrived. I made sure we went the next day, and it was closed then too! I was really sad. I peered inside, and it was small indeed. It was really fun though!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!