Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Grey
#11 · Posted: 27 May 2008 14:00
Indiana Jones VI was excellent! I saw it last night, and it was so different yet so similar to previous films. Harrison Ford <3. Shia LeBeouf was alright-ish, and he did open up the age gap more than I thought he would. But, thank goodness Cate Blanchett burned in hell. No really.

p.s. I do like Cate Blanchett by the way

Moderator Note: It would appear that you mean IV rather than VI…
Unless you have a time-machine, and you saw a future sequel not out in our day.
In which case, how was the new Tintin movie? ;-)
Dupondt
#12 · Posted: 27 May 2008 14:03
I like Cate Blanchett as an actress, she's great in "I'm not there" where she plays Bob Dylan, a very hard role.
jock123
#13 · Posted: 27 May 2008 21:45
number1fan wrote:
He said that he hadnt heard of Tintin but im pretty sure he has maybe he lyed.

Steady there - it just isn’t done to accuse someone of lying when you haven’t any reason to say so.
Jeeves
#14 · Posted: 28 May 2008 05:38
Hate to gang up here number1fan but Speiberg is makeing three films about Tintin and has been trying to since the 80's he negotiated with Herge so I don't how he could claim not to know about Tintin
jock123
#15 · Posted: 28 May 2008 07:00
Jeeves wrote:
I don't how he could claim not to know about Tintin

He doesn’t - the question is did he know about Tintin first?
As it stands, the rules of common decency - as well as those of this forum - demand that we refrain from making accusations that someone has told a lie.
It could very easily be that the elements thought to be similar to Tintin came from somone else involved in the creation of the story and script, or are just too much staples of the adventure tradition to be identifiable as solely Hergé.
I mean, Steven Spielberg doesn’t even get a script credit on Raiders, the story was written by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman, and the screenplay was written by Lawrence Kasdan, so any of them could be the Tintin fan, couldn’t they?
number1fan
#16 · Posted: 28 May 2008 08:21
Yea sure could have been.As great as Speliberg and lucas are at movies i feel there more movie fans by taking scenes from other movies and other ideas instead of being a great film makers.I wish they would give the stuff that influence them some recognition.Im sure they will make a great Tintin movie.If its going to better then Kingdom of the crystal skull it will be the greatest film ever made.
jock123
#17 · Posted: 28 May 2008 20:29
number1fan wrote:
As great as Speliberg and lucas are at movies i feel there more movie fans by taking scenes from other movies and other ideas instead of being a great film makers.

I’m not sure I quite follow, but look at it this way - Hergé was not averse to being influenced by the movies - look at Black Island, with its mirroring of much of The 39 Steps, but no credits to John Buchan and Alfred Hitchcock, and a giant ape, but no tribute to Schoedsack and Cooper of King Kong. He doesn’t dedicate the Moon books to Werner von Braun and Chesley Bonestell, although he used their works in getting the detail for his adventures. He doesn’t list any of the authors and artists he uses as influences, but that doesn’t diminish what he did with the material; perhaps that’s what you should think of when you see similarities elsewhere?

Anyway, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a highly entertaining movie, and it’s great to see Indy back!
number1fan
#18 · Posted: 28 May 2008 20:52
I never said it wasnt Highly Entertaining best film i have ever seen at the cinema and ive seen such classics as Doctor Zhivago,Gone with the Wind.Im sure Herge didnt steal identical scences like Speilberg and Lucas do my rant is over.I cant wait to get the new indiana movie on dvd i hear it will be just in time for christmas.What did you think of the CGI and special effects and the excitingness of this movie sheer brilliance.
Triskeliae
#19 · Posted: 28 May 2008 21:03
I agree with Jock123. Artists and writers will always have influences from others. No one is isolated. You can see many stories that are related to each other; what changes is style, characters (after all, Indiana Jones has a lot of characteristics that Tintin don't have- starting with the whip), cultures, etc. To see influences of others in a book or film is not demeaning. In fact, it makes the story more interesting, because we can compare, and make deeper analysis among the stories, and observe the points of view of each author.
SmartTintin
#20 · Posted: 29 May 2008 16:30
Well guys, need comments from someone who has watched the new Indiana Jones movie. How is the style of Speilberg as opposed to previous Indiana Jones movies that were released long time ago?! Has it changed or does it look to have considerable difference as far as direction is concerned?! How is the take on the adventure scenes?! Oh so many questions, I am just worried about the Tintin films that he is going to make...

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!