Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Pixar's new film: WALL-E

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 3 Jul 2008 16:29
I just went and saw this movie yesterday. It was absolutely amazing! Pixar sure does do a good job on their movies. I might even go see it again, it was so good. I suppose that some of you can't even see it yet, if it hasn't been released in your countries yet, but you should see it when you get the chance. Has anyone else seen it yet? It has nothing to do with Tintin, but it is still enjoyable. ;-)

Edit: Sorry about the weird title. I kept trying to put this thread up, but it kept refusing it, so I tried to change the title from just plain WALL-E to WALL-E: Pixar's new film, but while I was typing that, I accidentally pressed "enter" and it accepted it. Sorry about that.

--
Moderator note: just fixed up the subject title for you. :-)
jock123
#2 · Posted: 4 Jul 2008 20:23
It’s not out here in the U.K. yet, but I saw a longer trailer than I’d seen before, when I saw Prince Caspian the other night (which was good too, but I digress…), and it looked quite fun.

It did remind me somewhat of the (admittedly an unfinished work-in-progress) Rustboy project of Brian Taylor, which is worth a look at what someone can do with low-cost/ no-cost software on a home computer in their bedroom.
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 6 Jul 2008 20:50
Why not give your thoughts on Prince Caspian in the Narnia thread, Jock? I'm curious to know what you thought of it, and also if you've read the book. Thanks for fixing the subject title.
IvanIvanovitch
#4 · Posted: 7 Jul 2008 21:40
In the grand scheme, Wall-E was good. But compared to Pixar's past films, it was only on par if not inferior. The plot was disappointing.
cigars of the beeper
#5 · Posted: 8 Jul 2008 12:52
I'm a little bit disappointed in Pixar, because I'm afraid that they won't be able to live up to the environmentalist, anti-big business message they gave, particularly because they are a big business.
IvanIvanovitch
#6 · Posted: 8 Jul 2008 21:24
Exactly, cigars!!! Pixar is producing a movie with the message that we should protect the environment, consume less and lead wholesome lives. However, this very movie will generate special fast food offers, new video games that keep us indoors and toys produced in a factory that burns fossil fuels.
If anything, that weakens the point of the movie.
Side note: humans becoming fleshy lumps in hoverchairs is one of the last possible endings of our race and is a narrowminded one. America and Canada are obese, not India and China and Africa. We are not the entire world, where starvation is a leading cause of death. If the world ends, the cause will far more likely be a world war.
And Tintin can prevent that.:)
cigars of the beeper
#7 · Posted: 9 Jul 2008 12:47
I wonder if it was only the rich countries that took off into space, and not the whole world. I'm sure that most of the world's people would not have been able to fit or afford a room on the Axiom.
cigars of the beeper
#8 · Posted: 19 Jul 2008 14:28
Ha Ha Ha!!!

I went and saw it again yesterday!
number1fan
#9 · Posted: 20 Jul 2008 21:15
Content removed
Moderator Note: Sorry, Terry - you must know by now that you can’t discuss getting pirate copies of material on these forums. Please don’t do it again!
The Disappointed Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!