Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

I'm currently working in the Covent Garden Tintin Shop

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 28 Mar 2009 10:39
I been working in the Tintin shop in Covent Garden 3 weeks now and loving it what a place to work surrounded by Tintin.
dreamdust
#2 · Posted: 30 Mar 2009 02:43
Awesome! What a fantastic job :)
Blaise
#3 · Posted: 13 Apr 2009 11:58
Glad to hear it's still there!

I was a regular customer back in 2001 when I lived in London. Still got the key ring depicting a striding Tintin!
im2duvi
#4 · Posted: 13 Apr 2009 12:40
I went to London a few days ago, and I also went to Covent Garden. I didn't know there was a Tintin shop over there and I missed it, unfortunately.
Blaise
#5 · Posted: 14 Apr 2009 05:01
THE TINTIN SHOP UK:

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday: 10 am to 5.30 pm
Sunday: 12 pm to 4 pm

34 Floral Street
Covent Garden
London
WC2E 9DJ

Tel: +44 (020) 7836 1131
Fax: +44 (020) 7836 3127
Email: tintinshop [at] btconnect.com

(If my memory serves me correctly!)
Rocky
#6 · Posted: 12 May 2009 16:43
Sorry to be nit-picking, but there's a mistake on your Tintin shop website, number1fan. On the English Colour Facsimiles page, a missing comma in every description:

...faithful recreations of the Tintin albums as they appeared the first time they were published in English.

should be

...faithful recreations of the Tintin albums as they appeared the first time they were published, in English.

- because they are facsimiles of the first French editions, but in English.
LostQuixote
#7 · Posted: 6 Jul 2009 08:50
im2duvi:
I went to London a few days ago, and I also went to Covent Garden. I didn't know there was a Tintin shop over there and I missed it, unfortunately.

I did exactly the same thing a few weeks ago, I could have kicked myself for not finding out the address before I went. Working in the Tintin shop sounds like such a great job:)
number1fan
#8 · Posted: 6 Jul 2009 18:19
I think we can all sleep tonight not worrying about this mistake on the website.Did you by any chance look all over the website for mistakes?.

Moderator Note: Another member has kindly taken the time to point out an error, and the solution which they rightly say clarifies the entry; we ask that all members are treated with respect, and you have instead chosen to be sarcastic, which is un-necessary.
Why not accept what they had to say and, thank them. If you and/ or the shop prefer to leave the entry as is, that is up to you and the shop, but there is no need to knock someone for trying to help.

The Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!