Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Anyone watches Top Gear?

tintinspartan
#1 · Posted: 4 Dec 2009 18:35
Out of curiousity. How many of you guys watched Top Gear?

I love the show for all it's challenges and car tests despite the frequent criticism they recieved throughout the years. I watch the show online most of the time but I also watched it on the TV. It aired in my region under BBC Knowledge. They are showing Series 10, Series 7 and Series 4 currently each week. I know my area lags 2 years behind the current Top Gear Season 14 which is still airing and Episode 4 is airing this Sunday but at least the experience of watching Top Gear on the telly is more distinct than watching it from an old laptop computer with a broken pair of speakers. (Although I had to endure the censorship for some scenes in the episodes they air in Singapore as the themes are either inappropriate or irrelevant for e.g: The News segment)

So, how do you guys think of the show? Do you like the presenters?

Have your say.
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 4 Dec 2009 18:38
I have enjoyed it for many years but now i feel its been done to death a bit to much its like.Hmm what shall we spend licence payers moneys on this week.
Morganson
#3 · Posted: 8 Dec 2009 06:04
I watch it and enjoy it. My brothers watch it, too.
WhiskersOfKurviTasch
#4 · Posted: 9 Jan 2010 05:57
Someone has to watch it... I do!
Ranko
#5 · Posted: 9 Jan 2010 11:11
number1fan:
I have enjoyed it for many years but now i feel its been done to death a bit to much

I agree number1. In fact I read an article in the London Evening Standard a few weeks ago saying that the producers of the show expressed fears that 'they were in danger of disappearing up their own backsides' and that they had been receiving emails from fan club members saying just that.

It's gone from being a spontaneous, off the cuff, three idiots messing about type of show to a highly scripted corporate production which - in my opinion - is to its detriment.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!