Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Any John Wayne fans here?

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 7 Mar 2010 20:47
I just watched The Searchers for what is probably the 4th time its hes best film.Anyone else a fan of that film or the films of John Wayne?.
Grey
#2 · Posted: 8 Mar 2010 15:11
I had to watch Red River for my A Level Film Studies course on Westerns, and I also had a star performer study done on John Wayne.

He's a good actor and terrifically suits the Western genre well, amazing on how Wayne became a icon so quickly in culture. Very much a traditional masculine figure to every other same sex protagonist in film nowadays too what with his ruggedness and enduring personality.

Don't know where we would be without John Wayne!
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 8 Mar 2010 20:21
Yea he is a good actor in some film especially in "The Searchers" and he was quite funny playing an Irish in "The Quiet Man" also "Hondo" and oh yes "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance".

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!