Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Pre and Post War French cinema

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 16 Apr 2010 21:59
Anyone here fans of the intresting period of French Cinema pre and post war such as Raymonds Bernards film "The Wooden Crosses" the French version of "All Quiet on the Western Front" as well and Marcel Carnes "Port of Shadows" a truly great French movie.Jean Renoir's La Grande Illusion is one of my favourite films.It certainly was an interesting time for French Cinema.
So any Gabin fans or Renoir fans out there?.
mct16
#2 · Posted: 17 Apr 2010 01:06
One of my favourites is "Le Clan des Siciliens" ("The Sicilian Clan") which includes not just Gabin but also Delon and Ventura.
mct16
#3 · Posted: 17 Apr 2010 14:35
If you're interested in French cinema, have you been to the French films cinema movies de France / film francais website? It has very good reviews not just of French films but also many classics of British and American cinema as well.
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 17 Apr 2010 18:27
Cheers for the link mate.The Passion of Joan of Arc another brilliant one.I wonder if any of the pre and post French war films had any influence in Herge.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!