Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Other Australian Tintin fans?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

VALGAL
#1 · Posted: 25 Oct 2004 08:40
Hey there just wondering if there are any other Aussie Tintin fans on here?

Cheers
VALGAL
tintin_fanatic
#2 · Posted: 26 Oct 2004 12:33
Yeah there sure is, I'm an Aussie fan of the Tintin series from NSW. Where are you from?

-Bec
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 27 Oct 2004 03:15
Hi, I'm a South Australian Tintin fan and moderator marsbar is also an Aussie Tintin fan. I love the books but why do they have to be so darn expensive, eh?
beinke
#4 · Posted: 28 Oct 2004 09:12
Yeah, i'm here.
I added a Haddock stencil to my board yesterday. Look out for it.
gallen
#5 · Posted: 1 Nov 2004 23:31
Hi guys,

I'm from Sydney and I'm a Tintin fan too...just finished watching all 21 episodes of the series on DVD. Brings back so many memories!

Anyway, I was wondering where you guys get your Tintin books?

I can't seem to find them anywhere apart from libraries!!
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 2 Nov 2004 13:04
"Dymocks" and "Angus and Robertson" are the only places I've seen them for sale.
marsbar
#7 · Posted: 2 Nov 2004 13:57
gallen asked: I was wondering where you guys get your Tintin books?

Welcome to our community, gallen.

In Sydney, in addition to Dymocks, and Angus, you can also find Tintin books at Kinokuniya on George Street (opposite the QVB). For non-English edition albums, try Abbey's Language Bookshop on York Street (behind the QVB). For more information, please refer to our Tintin Shops Directory - sections 'Australia' and 'World Wide Web - online shops'.
gallen
#8 · Posted: 2 Nov 2004 23:06
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies! I just checked the websites of the bookstores suggested - the Tintin books cost about $18 each with the 3 in 1 adventures costing $40.

How do you guys collect your Tintin books? Do you purchase them individually or do you get the 3 in 1 adventures? If you get all 21 Tintin books @ $18, thats going to set you back $378!

You guys know where I could possibly get the Tintin books at a cheaper rate if I get the lot? I've checked eBay but the Tintin books are in ex-library condition (Shocking!)

Also, I was wondering if you guys preferred reading the books or watching the episodes on TV?

CHeers
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 2 Nov 2004 23:28
Reading the books definitely. I'm not from Australia but I have a mix of the 3-in-1s and albums. the albums are better but for value sake and also taking the books to read on a train, etc, i prefer the 3 in 1's

Rik
marsbar
#10 · Posted: 3 Nov 2004 00:51
gallen wrote: Do you purchase them individually or do you get the 3 in 1 adventures? You guys know where I could possibly get the Tintin books at a cheaper rate if I get the lot? I've checked eBay but the Tintin books are in ex-library condition (Shocking!)

Go on, gallen, just bite the bullet and get the entire set! ;-) As Rik said, the 3-in-1 books offer the best value.

Dymocks have a loyalty program where you earn points each time you shop in a Dymocks store (not available for Dymocks Online purchases), so at certain point levels, you will receive a reward voucher you can use on your next purchase; Kinokuniya give a 10% discount when your purchase is over AUD100 (but I am not sure whether or not the discount applies to online purchases).

Another bookshop you can try is Gleebooks on Glebe Point Road in Glebe. They sell new and used books. They lost my last online order recently, so I do not recommend shopping with them online.

gallen asked: Also, I was wondering if you guys preferred reading the books or watching the episodes on TV?

I prefer reading the books. If you like and if you are expecting responses from non-Aussie Tintinophiles, we can create a new poll to collect people's 2 cents to your question--this can also help keep this thread on topic.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!