Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Other Australian Tintin fans?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

OJG
#11 · Posted: 3 Nov 2004 13:22
Personally, I think that while the 3-in-1 albums are practical, the full-sized books are better. They may be more money, but it is worth it. Hergé's artwork is really, really good and when the pictures are so much smaller, it's harder to appreciate that.
gallen
#12 · Posted: 8 Nov 2004 13:41
Hi again, thanks for the replies - I didn't know the pictures in the 3 in 1 albums were smaller than the individual ones!

Well, I'll see for myself at the bookstore.

Hi marsbar! Thanks for the reply! Glad to see you too live in Sydney! I checked the website of the Glebe bookstore, it seems the prices are fairly consistent with the prices @ Dymocks and Angus.

Yeah, I just read a few of the Tintin books I borrowed from the library at uni (UTS) - it definitely feels different to watching the episodes on TV, but I'd have to say the comics yielded a better experience overall as there are heaps of scenes/stuff in the comics that are not covered in the TV series in its entirety (I picked up heaps of additional scenes in the comic strips for "The Red Rackham's Treasure!")

Yeah, a poll would be nice to see what the Tintin fans out there think. I must say the graphics in the TV series look a lot more updated and fine-tuned than the comic strip, but there are always pros and cons.

Wished there was a "21 set complete collection of the Tintin comics" that is limited edition or packaged neatly in a box or something! I'd buy that straight away! The released a 75-year anniversary DVD edition, they should do the same with the comics.

That's my 2 cents anyway. Thanks!
blessedlightning
#13 · Posted: 8 Apr 2005 03:25
Well, I received Aussie citizenship recently so now I guess I'm officially an ozzie. Though I'll always support Sri Lanka in the cricket!
Moo
#14 · Posted: 21 May 2005 04:46
Does anyone like manga? I love Kare Kano. It's totally different from Tintin but just as good (well, I think so anyway ^_^)

Oh, by the way, I'm an Aussie too.....Brisbane. Just wondering if manga was as popular in Australia as Tintin....

--
[Edited by Moderator: combined two consecutive posts.]
profcalculus
#15 · Posted: 13 Jun 2005 03:32
I propose an organised effort on behalf of all of us Australian Tintin fans (I'm from Melbourne).

We'll contact the publishers and purchase a bulk order,
surely this will entitle us to serious discounts!

-- UPDATE --
Posted: Jun 27, 2005 17:13:59
Should have liked to edit the above post, but it says access denied.

Oh well, I shall be contacting Egmont for my own ends, because I'd rather renew a collection at a decent price.

I guess coordinating a group purchase over a forum could be difficult, well if anyone is interested let me know :)

--
[Edited by Moderator. Merged 2 posts. Note to poster: G'day profcalculus. Only posts that are less than 2 days old and have not been edited by a staff member can be edited. For more information, please refer to Admin's post in this thread, "Help: can posts be edited by the sender?" :-)]
I_love_Snowy
#16 · Posted: 7 Sep 2005 10:24
Hi everyone!
Woot - go Australian Tintin fans...I'm from Melbourne by the way...lol
Pilote
#17 · Posted: 10 Oct 2005 14:09
Hi Everyone, I also live in Sydney and have enjoyed reading Tintin most of my life!

Yeah, I just read a few of the Tintin books I borrowed from the library at uni (UTS) -

I work at the UTS Library!! BUT - it has been very quiet recently so i am not there at the moment.

Another good bookshop in Sydney is Abbeys, and inside that is The language bookshop where you should be able to find the original French copies plus other stuff and other language versions

http://www.languagebooks.com.au/

http://www.abbeys.com.au/

By the way, it's just behind Town Hall Station near all the Electronic shops.
Aldora
#18 · Posted: 10 Oct 2005 23:28
G'day everyone! True blue Auzie all the way! I live in Tassie, but my parents are New South Welsh.

Moo, I like Manga. I'm a Manga artist, well, I'm learning Manga ^_^;
I enjoy Anthro Manga, like Meitantei Holmes.

Go the Auzie's! We rule! .... I'm sounding a bit ditsie at the moment ^__^
ChewyfromAustralia
#19 · Posted: 20 Nov 2005 11:30
Hi everyone, I only joined today (Sun Nov 11) but I'm a fan from Australia, well Southern Tassie to be exact.

I'll introduce myself properly later but basically all my friends here think its weird that I can enjoy Tintin so much and be female! I'm very different from most females, and I'm a huge fan of Tintin, I almost have the whole collection, I'm just not sure what version of Tintin in the Congo to get, and I admit I want it badly!

Anyway, if any of you use MSN feel free to add me, this is also my main email address:
hugeanimalofachewbacca@hotmail.com

Great to see a few Aussies here!
tintininaustralia
#20 · Posted: 30 May 2008 12:08
[Thread moved.]

Hi - just trying to understand how many Tintin fans there are out there who are based in Australia. Cheers, Richard

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!