Hi there, I've been bugged by these questions for quite a while since I read a book from an Australian blogger
, whom happened to be very proficient in Indonesian (I mean, he is even very good at Indonesian slang! XD). In his book which he wrote, he said that at middle school and high school, there is a foreign language lesson, which is a compulsory study (in Richard Miles', the blogger, high school, the students can choose which language they'd like to learn, which in this case, are German and Indonesian).
And now, here are my questions to all Aussie Tintinologist here whom have completed (and whom are still in middle/high school).
1. Is Indonesian lesson is available in your middle/high school?
2. Are there other foreign language lessons available in your school, aside from Indonesian?
2. Do you pick one of the foreign language lesson (like in Richard's high school), or do the lesson is chosen for you by the school (I mean by teachers, board of curriculum or other decision maker in school).
3. If you choose Indonesian, what is your reason of it? And if you not, what is also the reason of it?
4. If you choose Indonesian, what do you think of this language?
5. The last but not the least, why, in your opinion, do schools in Australia provide Indonesian lesson to its students?
Thank you very much for those who have answered these questions, you have filled my curiosities with answers. Anyway, besides answering these questions, I am also open for some discussions here. Don't worry, I'll wait patiently for responds :).