Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

Suggestion: Limit Tintin Trivia Quiz questions to "mainstream" knowledge?

Tintinrulz
#1 · Posted: 26 Oct 2006 14:17
Please.
Enough "corpus of the (sic) Zodiac sign is a childish imagining of Hergé's"!
No one understands what Yamilah means or is on about! Some people try - we all try - but, frankly, there's nothing to grasp, and we're fed up!

Thank you.
yamilah
#2 · Posted: 26 Oct 2006 15:29
I think Zodiac Signs (thanks for mentioning my mistake) do actually belong to mainstream knowledge, e.g. many newspapers or weekly magazines do produce horoscopes!

Maybe there are 'zodiacal' albums (and non-zodiacal ones?) that could help to understand Tintin and learn about Herge?
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 26 Oct 2006 23:56
Hi Tintinrulz,
You're not the only one!
please see this topic:
About Menippeahs, or the literature of secret
Cheers,
Ranko
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 27 Oct 2006 02:02
I'm sure it's been said before - it would be better if the person setting a question in the trivia challenge tried to keep it as unambiguous as possible. The answer should be a given fact - that Jack Brabham is an Australian three-times winner of the F1 Grand Prix, for example - and not somebody else's esoteric interpretation of the books. I believe the Zodiac question, whilst being an interesting theory (IMO), falls into the latter category. I also thought the Dante question was dubious too.

It goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that it pays to research your question a bit beforehand so that there aren't multiple correct answers.

Let's all endevour to keep the trivia challenge as straightforward and inclusive as possible!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!