Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

[Closed] Forum Record: Most users ever online...!

jock123
#1 · Posted: 8 Mar 2008 17:27
From the visitor stats at the bottom of the page:

Most users ever online was 136 on 26 Jan 2008 17:31:48: 136 guests and 0 members

Blimey!! I only just noticed that just now. That blows the previous record right out of the water and probably some way into orbit! Can't remember what it was, but I'd be surprised if it made into the teens, never mind three figures.

Impressive as the number is, I wonder what on earth prompted 136 people to visit simultaneously on that day at that time, but didn't even warrant one member to log on?

Or did the stats go a bit loopy during the recent forum update?
waveofplague
#2 · Posted: 8 Mar 2008 20:11
Wild guess, but maybe someone linked to it from a busy/popular site that day.
admin
Administrator
#3 · Posted: 8 Mar 2008 22:25
waveofplague wrote:
Wild guess, but maybe someone linked to it from a busy/popular site that day.

It is possible that we got "slashdotted", but I am not certain. :-)
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 9 Mar 2008 23:16
I believe I am responsible for it. I am also a member of a more busy forum, and at that time, I started a thread there on the offtopic forum about Tintin, and I linked to here because I wanted my fellow fans there to know about it, and I thought that the people who were talking about the new Tintin movie might be able to get more information about it here. I suppose it might explain the large numbers of new members. I hope everyone believes me, because my story is true, and directly after I posted that I noticed the new record, and I know that that other forum (not about Tintin, but with many Tintin fans anyway) is extremely busy, and sometimes people post in a thread while you are looking at it.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 20 Feb 2011 14:22
"243 Guests on 30th October 2009"
For anyone in charge of the website please could you tell me what was the second highest amount of people here.That seems like a lot of people on this site at once.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 20 Feb 2011 16:04
number1fan:
what was the second highest amount of people here.

It was 242, just before we hit the 243 mark… ;-)

Actually, can’t say for certain, but we had 136 users online on 26 January, 2008, as mentioned above; that may have been the previous record, but we don’t actively keep a check on it.

Spikes like these can be caused by being mentioned on another site directly, or when the topic of Tintin hits the headlines, and people start searching for more information - we are usually quite near the top on Google, for example.
GSC
#7 · Posted: 21 Jan 2012 16:38
Hi.

I just want to be sure of something. While logging in today, it said at the bottom of the page that the "Most users ever online was 263 Today".

Wasn't the old record about 243 users? Wouldn't that mean that 263 users is the new record for Tintinologist.org?
Moderator Note: Yes, the count is, as it says, the “most ever” people online on this site, and yes, the previous record for which we have a note was 243 guests in 2009. Your post was moved to this thread.
The Arithmetical Tintinologist Team
jock123
#8 · Posted: 25 Apr 2013 07:34
Just a quick note to mark the event:
Most users ever online was 465 on 8 Apr 2013 20:55: 465 guests and 0 members.

Can’t recall what the previous figure had been (it had gone up a bit since the last note above, I think, but I’m not sure it was commented on)…

This topic is closed.