Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

[Resolved] Why introduce a forum disclaimer?

cigars of the beeper
#1 · Posted: 4 Jun 2009 16:54
Hello everyone,
I've been away for a few days, and I've come back to find that there is a sort of a "content disclaimer" at the bottom of every forum discussion. What was exactly the reason for this? has there been some trouble?
jock123
#2 · Posted: 4 Jun 2009 19:23
No, no problem, my esteemed friend; we were only intending it to reflect and foreground the site's requirement that members post within the guidelines.
Everyone agrees to this if they sign up, and the disclaimer should act as a reminder of that: we are all only human, after all, and sometimes forget.
It also gives everyone easy and immediate access to report any inappropriate material, including abuse directed at themselves or any other member, which we hope will keep the forums a pleasant place to be.

Oh, and welcome back!
cigars of the beeper
#3 · Posted: 4 Jun 2009 21:51
Thanks for the welcome, although I think that if I hadn't mentioned that I had been away, no one would have noticed that I had been absent for several days.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 4 Jun 2009 22:50
cigars of the beeper:
I think that if I hadn't mentioned that I had been away, no one would have noticed that I had been absent for several days.

Sadly that is possibly in fact true; but allowing for the fact that the last time you posted previously was the 29th of May, you haven't been gone that long and it is good to have you back anyway!
cigars of the beeper
#5 · Posted: 5 Jun 2009 16:29
Well, I always find that several days' abscence seems long. I'm always afraid that an interesting discussion might be going on without me!

This topic is closed.