Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin news and events /

The New Adventures of Tintin

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 11 Aug 2006 11:27
This maybe just a rumor but my friends dad works for BBC in the cbbc department and it was said that in the future they hope to have a new adventures of tintin series with permission from the Herge foundation this maybe just a rumor what does everyone else think
Ambrose
#2 · Posted: 12 Aug 2006 22:52
I doubt that brand new stories will be written, as I doubt that Moulinsart Herge foundation will give permission for it because they haven't allowed new stories to be written like in 'Bob & Bobette' or 'Blake and Mortimer'.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 13 Aug 2006 13:40
It would be unlikely that new stories would be written as per Hergé's wishes, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't adapt the current books. But as there's already a perfectly serviceable series in the form of the Ellipse-Nelvana one, it would seem an unusual decision.

It would be nice to see a new adaptation, though!
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 13 Aug 2006 14:14
Yes! Complete with Captain Haddocks alcholic episodes and smoking and intense action/character scenes that are 'dumbed' down a bit in the Ellipse-Nelvana version.
heruursmith
#5 · Posted: 13 Aug 2006 14:29
I couldn't agree more tintinrulz - it would be nice to see an adaptation which is more faithful to the books in terms of charaterisation and artistic style and in plot.
Alhough I did enjoy the Nelvana version it did leave me feeling that I was watching a childrens program - which the books never made me feel when reading them. It's great for kids to have their own programs, but I guess I would love to see and adaptation of Tintin which was more faithful to the books (I also want to hear Snowy speak!)

:oP

Kam
jockosjungle
#6 · Posted: 13 Aug 2006 19:04
If we see anything at all I imagine we're looking at either a CGI animation or maybe a live actions series.

To be honest I doubt either one as with a film still in discussion it seems unlikely Moulinsart would be looking to sell TV rights, also I don't imagine BBC would be the leading force behind any TV series.

It could also mean they're looking to have the Ellipse TV series on CBBC?

Rik
Ambrose
#7 · Posted: 13 Aug 2006 19:46
It could also mean they're looking to have the Ellipse TV series on CBBC?

Would it be CBBC or CBBies?
jock123
#8 · Posted: 23 Aug 2006 13:26
Tintinrulz
Complete with Captain Haddocks alcholic episodes and smoking and intense action/character scenes that are 'dumbed' down a bit in the Ellipse-Nelvana version.
I think that if anything, that is even less likely now than then… Just see what’s happening to Tom & Jerry…!
number1fan
#9 · Posted: 23 Aug 2006 15:11
The whole Tom and Jerry smoking situation is just silly it was only ONE individual who complained with all the stuff that children are exposed to on tv i dont realy think it matters why do people have to complain about something on TV if you dont like it then change the channel.
Theres a few smoking scenes in the Tintin cartoons
Richard
UK Correspondent
#10 · Posted: 23 Aug 2006 15:46
jock123
I think that if anything, that is even less likely now than then… Just see what’s happening to Tom & Jerry…!

I wonder how long it'll be before Churchill's cigar is digitally removed from photos as it glamourises smoking? ;)

I think one way for a more faithful series to be made would be an independent company working outside the UK. Producing a series to be screened on CBBC would mean an even more sanitised end result.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!