Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

"Tintin and Me": Broadcast on BBC4

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Harrock n roll
#1 · Posted: 15 Dec 2006 04:31
According to current listings Anders Østergaard's 2003 documentary Tintin and Me will be shown on BBC4 at 9.00pm on Friday, December 29th.

BBC4 are also holding a competition where you can win a copy of Michael Farr's Tintin: The Complete Companion
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 15 Dec 2006 16:02
I have seen it advertised; before the programme Tintin in Tibet is on. Is it the Ellipse-Nelvana cartoon, or the live action one?
MrCutts
#3 · Posted: 16 Dec 2006 22:19
I think the Tintin in Tibet program is something to with the recent stage show.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#4 · Posted: 16 Dec 2006 22:30
According to Radio Times it's "classic animation", so I presume it's the Ellipse-Nelvana cartoon. If it's the stageshow then it's been extremely edited to fit the hour timeslot.
MrCutts
#5 · Posted: 16 Dec 2006 22:50
Oh right.
It was just I saw some brief glimpses of images from the Tintin in Tibet stage show on BBC4. Perhaps part of a documentary?

I must get my Xmas What’s on TV mag, lol
Richard
UK Correspondent
#6 · Posted: 16 Dec 2006 23:12
MrCutts
It was just I saw some brief glimpses of images from the Tintin in Tibet stage show on BBC4. Perhaps part of a documentary?

Really? There's no footage of the stage show in the Tintin and Me documentary, so if it's being used in adverts perhaps it'll be screened at some point? The TV magazine says "classic animation from 1991" for the pre-documentary timeslot, but I'd much rather see the stage show again!
number1fan
#7 · Posted: 17 Dec 2006 12:28
It would be good to see the stage show becuase we all own and have seen the tintin cartoons maybe if that goes down well there could be blue oranges and golden flecce film on the cards :)
Rocky
#8 · Posted: 17 Dec 2006 19:32
I'm not sure whether this belongs here or in a new topic:
BBC4 also has new series called Adventures for Boys, the trailer for which includes some Tintin book pages.
The first one on 26 December is The Lost Worlds of Rider Haggard so maybe there'll be one on Hergé in 2007?
(Apologies to female Tintin book fans for BBC4's angle on this)
MrCutts
#9 · Posted: 18 Dec 2006 01:51
I'm sure I saw images from the stage show in a preview thingy. It was a close up of the guy who played Tintin. Perhaps they will show just bits of it somewhere?
I now have my Xmas mag so will take a look see. Was the stage show any good? I was going to see it, but then thought twice about it.

Thought it might ruin my Tintin in Tibet book experience, lol.
jock123
#10 · Posted: 18 Dec 2006 09:29
MrCutts
I'm sure I saw images from the stage show in a preview thingy.
I'll keep my eye out for that - that sounds interesting!
It was a close up of the guy who played Tintin.
Russell Tovey was in My Family and Other Animals last Christmas, perhaps that's getting a repeat or a sequel? He's also in The History Boys so it could have been something to do with that, perhaps.
Perhaps they will show just bits of it somewhere
Well I think that would be all they'd be able to show - they recorded it for their own archives, but they didn't make a television version of it, so while they have clips which were done for publicity purposes, they haven't got a broadcastable version, it would seem.
Was the stage show any good? I was going to see it but then thought twice about it.
That's a pity, because you missed a real treat! You can read reports about it in other threads, such as the one here.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!