Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

'The Tintinologist' Journal: Ed's Project

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

DianNdeso
#21 · Posted: 4 Aug 2008 16:33
Since we have a big Tintin Fans community in Indonesia, probably we will also submit some article to the journal but dunno when.

Since English is not our mother tongue, we will need a help from English Editor for our article.

Regards,

M. Misdianto
Mr Blumenstein
#22 · Posted: 5 Aug 2008 13:34
Can't wait. Should really boost the popularity and growth of Tintinologist.org and provide a sefficient database for all things Tintinesque
DianNdeso
#23 · Posted: 5 Aug 2008 16:45
Mr Blumenstein:
Can't wait.

Just for your information, we are in the Indonesian Tintin Fans are preparing some interesting topics to be share amongs others Tintiners around the globe. Of course there is a lot of topic to be discussed amongs us in Indonesian Language but maybe not quite interesting enough for the rest of the globe. Therefore we are prepare to submit some interesting topics for Tintin especially the publication in Indonesia...

Cheers,

M. Misdianto
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#24 · Posted: 5 Aug 2008 21:16
Mr Blumenstein:
Can't wait. Should really boost the popularity and growth of Tintinologist.org and provide a sefficient database for all things Tintinesque

Thanks! I've had so many interesting ideas, and people are scribbling as we speak; I can't wait to see the finished article myself.

DianNdeso:
Since English is not our mother tongue, we will need a help from English Editor for our article.

It's probably worth pointing out that your submission will need to be of a fairly decent standard of written English. I can edit it for language to a certain extent, but it would need to be of at least near-publishable standard. If I edit too much, the writer loses his authorial voice and mine takes over - and it would be a pretty boring journal to read me droning on throughout! Unless it's a straightforward translation of course, but unfortunately I don't speak Indonesian...

I don't wish to discourage you though. I suggest you email me and we can discuss it off-forum.

Ed
advnarayan
#25 · Posted: 17 Aug 2008 15:52
Great news. I am going to spread the good word out here in India. And Ed-count on me to give a rousing good review (I went through the synopsis- and area covered at the beginning of thi thread) at www dot rebeccasreads .com and www dot newmysteryreader dot com.
incidentally I had reviewed SOVIETS, IN CONGO and TINTIN : THE COMPLETE COMPANION for these journals.

Posted: 17 Aug 2008 15:56:32
One suggestion
Would you be including the Tintin plays- Mr .Boullocks Disappearance and Mystery of the Rajadirajah diamonds.
So also how about including details of QUICK AND FLUPKE, JO, ZETTE series etc.
its a long time since I logged in to this site- and missed the announcement of this project. Pity, I would have loved to contribute something.

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 03:35:06
And... I would appreciate a word on the pastiches of Tintin. Some were pure homage (like tose by Yves Rodier) while some were without mincing words irreverent to the core (Thailand, Breaking Free etc.) Wonder if you could mention about the same also in your book.

--
[Edited by Moderator. Combined consecutive posts.]
edcharlesadams
#26 · Posted: 22 Aug 2008 15:33
advnarayan - Many thanks for your words of support. As for what goes in, it is first and foremost up to the contributors to submit something appropriate. So if you'd like to produce something along these lines do get in contact. It's now too late for the first volume, but I'll always welcome ideas for future ones.

A gentle reminder to all those whose synopses have been agreed on - you have until September 2nd to submit the first drafts. Do let me know if there is any problem.

Ed
IvanIvanovitch
#27 · Posted: 21 Oct 2008 17:41
Ok, it's nearly November. What's the status on this?
edcharlesadams
#28 · Posted: 21 Oct 2008 20:41
Thanks for prompting me Ivan, I need to give you all an update.

First of all, it's still going ahead and things are progressing, if more slowly than I hoped. There are two main reasons: firstly I was unexpectedly commissioned to write a project that has taken up most of my time over the past two months (but has now - as of today - ended); secondly, thanks to the global economic climate the price of printing and paper has increased substantially, meaning that I have to find more money than I expected to finance it.

I now expect the first volume to be ready early next year - sooner if I can manage it, but realistically it won't be until then. I'll be writing to all the authors very shortly to let them know where I am with the editing of their submissions.

People have sent in some really encouraging ideas and excellent material. But in the meantime, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if anyone has any further ideas for things they'd like to submit, do email me as I'm always glad to consider them.

Ed
IvanIvanovitch
#29 · Posted: 21 Oct 2008 22:28
Thanks for the news.
On the bright side, people like advnarayan now have a chance to submit. So perhaps the album will be the better for the delay. :)
Tournesol
#30 · Posted: 22 Oct 2008 09:18
This sounds like a very interesting project! And has Moulinsart given you guys the all clear and go ahead?

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!