Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Great Offer from Egmont! Today Only!

jock123
#1 · Posted: 12 Aug 2009 14:58
For today only, you can buy any Tintin books, or The Rainbow Orchid, from the Egmont web-site, for 20% off if you use a special code! If you needed further incentive, when you buy The Rainbow Orchid direct from them, you get free badges too!

This promotion was originally circulated to members of the Twitter.com network, but I have checked with Egmont, and they are happy for us to have the offer repeated here, so all you have to do is put Tweet1 in the coupon box at checkout.

If you are wanting to keep abreast of such matters in the future, why not sign up for Twitter, and follow tweets from Tintinologist?
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 12 Aug 2009 16:02
jock123:
If you are wanting to keep abreast of such matters in the future, why not sign up for Twitter, and follow tweets from Tintinologist?

Can't we learn more just by coming here to Tintinologist itself?
jock123
#3 · Posted: 12 Aug 2009 22:58
cigars of the beeper:
Can't we learn more just by coming here to Tintinologist itself?

You can learn a lot here, but there are many ways to enlightenment, grasshopper!
As I said above, the offer was being made to Twitter members by Egmont, and is for a limited time. It was possible to let others on Twitter know immediately, because it allows for messages to be re-tweeted (forwarded to your own followers): I subscribe to Egmont’s Tweets, so I found out; I then immediately re-Tweeted to Tintinologist followers.
To put the offer on here, I had to first check with Egmont that being a subscriber to Twitter wasn’t a condition of the offer, and that they wouldn’t mind it being posted here (it isn’t, and they don’t). I then posted it here: quite a bit of time was lost, and it made for more work.

Look on it as just another string to your communications bow, a new frontier to conquer. :-)
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 13 Aug 2009 20:24
Well, it's just, and not to sound rude, but I just don't believe in Twitter. It seems to me that it is the least efficient form of communication imaginable.
jock123
#5 · Posted: 13 Aug 2009 22:18
Interesting - why? What does it matter what the medium is, as long as the message is sound?
This message is 140 characters long, by the way.
cigars of the beeper
#6 · Posted: 14 Aug 2009 15:21
I just think it is kind of a silly idea to make a website that is based on the idea of a limited post length. It has to be short. I just don't see the point of limiting things like that.
jock123
#7 · Posted: 14 Aug 2009 17:03
cigars of the beeper:
I just think it is kind of a silly idea to make a website that is based on the idea of a limited post length.

or
“I think that it's a silly idea to make a site based on the idea of a limited post length. It must be short. Why limit things like that?” if Twittered… ;-)

It’s nice to have to concentrate sometimes, and putting a “limit” on what you write, be it sticking to the five lines of limerick, the fourteen lines of a sonnet, or the seventeen syllables of a haiku, can actually be quite liberating. It cuts through the unnecessary, and distils what you have to say to the minimum.
Twitter is a (free!) service for communicating information quickly, and 140 characters (the size of a telephone text message) is quite sufficient for a whole host of situations.
Obviously it doesn’t replace more expansive discussion (such as this) but it’s certainly something I will follow the development of with interest.

This topic is closed.