Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Moon Books: Children's competition to win books, Signed by Euro astronaut!

jock123
#1 · Posted: 25 Aug 2009 17:39
The younger members of our community might like to know about this competition being run by the European Space Agency.

There is a simple question to answer (please don't post the answer here!), which you can send in by e-mail to them, and the closing date is the 1st September, 2009. Twenty lucky winners will be selected from the correct entrants.

Best of luck!
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 26 Aug 2009 17:17
Hang on a minute Jock - only Hergé himself can sign the Tintin books.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 26 Aug 2009 18:28
number1fan:
only Hergé himself can sign the Tintin books

If it worries you, you don't need to enter...! ;-)
Anyway, I suspect if you are working in the Tintin Shop, you may not qualify as a child.

Personally, I'd be very envious - astronauts are real heroes of mine, so the books would be a great prize! But I don't qualify as a child either... ;-(

Actually, just think of it as a dedication - lots of people are given books saying "Merry Christmas from Ethel" or "Happy Birthday, Ron!", so an astronaut should be allowed to give a book too, I think.

There are several examples of the Apollo astronauts having signed the Moon books and presented them to Hergé, who was very interested in the space-race, and corresponded with the likes of Neil Armstrong, so he had no complaints about it.

I got Michael Turner and Leslie Lonsdale-Cooper to sign my Black Island at the Greenwich event, so the concept of people who aren't Hergé signing the books doesn't bother me.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!