Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Rare Tintin drawings feature on BBC News

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Harrock n roll
#11 · Posted: 3 Mar 2010 12:15
mct16:
The only original point of interest that I can see in this report is about 15 seconds into it when we are shown a whole colour drawing with Calculus, Tintin, Snowy, Haddock and the Thompsons in a rowing boat called Tintin in a stormy sea with a lighthouse displaying the number 7 in the background.

That picture is reproduced in the book Hergé & Tintin: Reporters. Hergé presented it to Raymond LeBlanc in 1953 to commemorate 7 years of Le Journal de Tintin (hence the 7 on the lighthouse). Raymond LeBlanc is also in the picture... Well, his arm is, but the rest of him is obscured by a large wave.

Here's a further report of the story from CCTV. I can't get the video to work but it does have a written report and a few pictures
Tintin memorability to be auctioned in Paris (do they mean Tintin memorabilia to be auctioned in Paris?)
mct16
#12 · Posted: 3 Mar 2010 18:35
Harrock n roll

Thanks for the clarification Harrock. I suspect that the CCTV video does not work because it is an attempt to load the original BBC report itself. The images they show are captured ones from the report.

The BBC are very protective of their video stories, which is why it difficult to download them to your own computer (unlike Youtube), though that does not mean that you cannot use Print Scrn in order to capture stills, as CCTV has done.

Again thanks for clearing the Leblanc matter.
number1fan
#13 · Posted: 3 Mar 2010 21:09
mct16:
The BBC are very protective of their video stories, which is why it difficult to download them to your own computer (unlike Youtube), though that does not mean that you cannot use Print Scrn in order to capture stills,

Yea that's very annoying seen as I have paid for a tv license so I should be allowed to download it.Have any other news sites picked up on this?
mct16
#14 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 00:40
number1fan:
Yea that's very annoying seen as I have paid for a tv license so I should be allowed to download it

That's one way of looking at it. But on the same basis one might argue that BBC-produced shows should be released on DVD for free.

On the subject of Tintin auctions there is this AFP report which covers the same subject though it is from 2 weeks ago. could the Beeb be behind the Times?
number1fan
#15 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 08:31
mct16:
That's one way of looking at it. But on the same basis one might argue that BBC-produced shows should be released on DVD for free.

Well I dont mind because I have paid to watch it on tv but haven't paid for the distribution of the DVD.There are ways to download of Iplayer dont they realise if people dont download of there they will simply go to You Tube of a Torrent site.

Im hoping a Catlouge of stuff from the auction is seen by the public.
luinivierge2010
#16 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 09:52
number1fan
#17 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 10:31
Good video not up on French buy I figure he said something about first editions of Tintin Au Congo.I tried looking on ITN news nothing there.Is there an official website for the auction?.
mct16
#18 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 12:59
It is essentially the same AFP report that I came up with on YouTube but with some additional comments.

Wilmet states, for example, that the "Tintin in the Congo" that he is holding is one of 500 copies which were signed "Tintin et Milou" ("Tintin and Snowy"). Herge signed as "Tintin" while his fiancee Germaine Kieckens (who became his first wife) provided the "Milou" signature.

The rough drawing is of a page from the "Calculus Affair" in which Tintin joins Haddock, Wagg and the policemen and, the next day, Haddock's bathroom mirror breaks up. It is estimated that it will fetch between 90 to 110,000 Euros (Oh, for my Lottery numbers to come up).

Also up for grabs are a number of colourings which were not previously known to the Herge Studio - such as the one of Tintin, Haddock and Snowy in the Sahara.
number1fan
#19 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 19:10
500 copies would love to own one of them looks like Thats not going to happen unless I rob the auc..... ahh I said to much.Im amazed he signed 500 copies where they for anything significant have they been hiding somewhere all this time?.
mct16
#20 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 21:33
You could always rob a bank. How about your local RBS? Given recent events a jury might quite likely acquit you.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!