Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Rare Tintin drawings feature on BBC News

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

number1fan
#21 · Posted: 4 Mar 2010 22:19
Now there's a thought this stuff could be worth 12 years down the kermit.
Ranko
#22 · Posted: 5 Mar 2010 07:45
Down the kermit?

I haven't seen that one before, number1. What does it mean?
number1fan
#23 · Posted: 5 Mar 2010 08:06
Down the Kermit is London slang Kermit the Frog=The bog as in toilet .Like Apples and Pears=Stairs.Gregory Peck=Neck

Moderator Note: We will draw a close to the rhyming slang school here, thanks - remember that posts should be made in Standard English, so that everyone can understand them.

It is also going a long way off topic, so we will also bring an end to the methods of gaining cash illegally, the rights and wrongs of the T.V. license and any other extraneous discussion, and try and focus on the main subject, thank you very much!

The Tintinologist Team
mct16
#24 · Posted: 7 Mar 2010 14:23
Harrock n roll:
Here's a further report of the story from CCTV. I can't get the video to work but it does have a written report and a few pictures
Tintin memorability to be auctioned in Paris (do they mean Tintin memorabilia to be auctioned in Paris?)

The video at CCTV is working again now. It was not an attempt to show the same video as the BBC as I suspected but their own report on the subject. To make up for this, I'll go and stand in the corner for 5 minutes; that will teach me to doubt the efforts of the mouthpiece of the Chinese government which would never think of pirating other people's work - aside from that of Microsoft, Google and who knows how many others.

Still, does not really add to anything that we don't already know.
number1fan
#25 · Posted: 8 Mar 2010 06:44
I hope the BBC obtain some footage from the auction.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!