Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin news and events /

Peppy & Virginny in Lapinoland: Fantagraphics Popol make-over

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

snowybella
#21 · Posted: 11 Mar 2017 11:17
Yay! Soon my collection (without the Secret ray in English, if it isn't going to be republished again and many Quick and Flupkes) will be finished!
george
#22 · Posted: 16 Oct 2017 00:03 · Edited by: george
george:
Well, to go along with the 1969 and 1992 editions of "Popol Out West", we now have a 2013 edition in the pipeline, under a new title!

So, for 2013 read 2017, which means the 1992 release is closer in time to the 1969 version than it is to today's Fantagraphics edition.

This is now available. I saw a copy in London on Friday but didn't pick it up as I was going out and my already fragile Street-Cred may not have survived me rocking up with a book featuring anthropomorphic bears.

A few of observations: two translators are credited - the late Kim Thompson being one, Jenna Allen the other. There's a two page introduction that can be previewed on Amazon. And the covers are that semi-flexible 'neither hard nor softcover' which gets used occasionally, although I'm struggling to think of an example to help illustrate how it feels in the hand.

I'll get mine soon, but this doesn't feel essential to me.

george

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!